Foxconn Denies iPhone 5 Plant in China Went on Strike

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Where’s that ‘this no shen’ picture when you really need it?:D Foxconn put out a statement today concerning the reported large scale strike by workers at a Foxconn factory where components for the iPhone 5 are produced. Basically the Foxconn reps said What strike? and denied anything at all ever happened.

“Any reports that there has been an employee strike are inaccurate. There has been no workplace stoppage in that facility or any other Foxconn facility and production has continued on schedule.”

How can they deny this? I mean for real!

Really wish you could opt out of buying anything Foxconn...but as well know the only way that would happen would be to give up all forms of electronics...

Yet millions of hypocritical hipsters continue to buy iPhones...

From everything I have read, Foxconn pays their workers more and their employees are generally happier than alternatives in China. If this strike did go down, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a media incited strike.

From everything I have read, Foxconn pays their workers more and their employees are generally happier than alternatives in China. If this strike did go down, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a media incited strike.

Nice setup you got there in your sig. Where are the parts made?

Too funny.

Foxconn doesn't manufacture Apple products exclusively.

As pointed out, most of your gear was likely made in a Foxconn factory.

Too funny.

Foxconn doesn't manufacture Apple products exclusively.

As pointed out, most of your gear was likely made in a Foxconn factory.

How is your reply logical at all. He is defending foxconn, he is not saying don't buy foxconn. It is actually quite the opposite, from what he said you can assume he would rather buy foxconn parts than parts made in other factories.

How is your reply logical at all. He is defending foxconn, he is not saying don't buy foxconn. It is actually quite the opposite, from what he said you can assume he would rather buy foxconn parts than parts made in other factories.

"Too funny" - In response to his speculation that the strike was enticed by the media. I agree that Foxconn seems to treat their employees better than the alternatives.

The rest of my post was directed at his first comment. Simply stating that the hypocrisy extends beyond Apple users. I wasn't pointing out his gear in an effort to make him look hypocritical (as he seems well-informed on the subject), I was simply attempting to illustrate that pretty much anyone who uses any form of technology in this age that is against Foxconn is likely being hypocritical.

Maybe my choice of words was poor. It's early and I'm not drunk yet.

"Too funny" - In response to his speculation that the strike was enticed by the media. I agree that Foxconn seems to treat their employees better than the alternatives.
I think you can say thebstrike was brought on by the media. Over the past few years Foxconn and Apple have become the face of Chinese outsourcing. If this were any other factory in China, they probably would just fire the workers and hire a few thousand more to replace them and we would never hear about it. It is only because there has been a large amount of media spotlight on Apple and Foxconn that that the strikers are able to convey their message. If the media wasn't paying so much attention to Foxconn and Apple there is a good chance that the workers wouldn't have gone on strike.

I think you can say thebstrike was brought on by the media. Over the past few years Foxconn and Apple have become the face of Chinese outsourcing. If this were any other factory in China, they probably would just fire the workers and hire a few thousand more to replace them and we would never hear about it. It is only because there has been a large amount of media spotlight on Apple and Foxconn that that the strikers are able to convey their message. If the media wasn't paying so much attention to Foxconn and Apple there is a good chance that the workers wouldn't have gone on strike.

interesting hypothesis. makes sense.

So what you saying is if only the western media had been on board with Foxconn and the Chinese Government's wishes for a news blackout, there wouldn't have been a problem. Check.

well, not everyone is saint, if they were, the balance in the world would tilt one side making everyone happy. do remember some of the richest institutions are religious institutes.

So basically you are saying that Apple customers are hypocrites but aren't hypocrites.

well, not everyone is saint, if they were, the balance in the world would tilt one side making everyone happy. do remember some of the richest institutions are religious institutes.

I don't think the Vatican has a few billion spare cash lying around like wall street companies. Lots of older churches and cathedrals seem in pretty shitty states of repair too. Not saying as a whole they don't make some money, but you don't exactly see the Pope guy on the richest people list, and all their money has to maintain/insure lots of stuff and pay lots of people.

I don't think the Vatican has a few billion spare cash lying around like wall street companies. Lots of older churches and cathedrals seem in pretty shitty states of repair too. Not saying as a whole they don't make some money, but you don't exactly see the Pope guy on the richest people list, and all their money has to maintain/insure lots of stuff and pay lots of people.

Then you know *nothing* about the Catholic church.

Back