Samsung Estimates Record Setting Profit of $7.3 Billion

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If this is any indication of how Samsung performs while losing court cases to Apple, Samsung should engage Apple in more legal battles. :D Samsung has announced record breaking profits of $7.3 Billion on sales of $46.7 Billion across all divisions.

Samsung has to be happy that these figures didn't come out during its trial with Apple as the damages awarded could have come in even higher than the $1 billion that the jury awarded Apple.

Apple will be lucky to see a dime of that judgement. Web sites should stop the pretense that the initial jury verdict is the "last word" or the "end of the line for the case." It isn't--the case could drag on for years and it could very well end up that Apple is the big loser and winds up having to pay Samsung a substantial penalty for court costs and lost sales of Samsung's affected products. So far in this case, Apple has receive $0 from Samsung. It seems simple enough, so I wonder why the web sites are having such a difficult time reporting it accurately? They are talking about Samsung losing $1B to Apple that Samsung hasn't lost to Apple as of this date. I suppose it's the "$1B" figure that makes an attention-getting headline, but these sites should should know better. Not reporting this case accurately is nothing more than sloppiness.

Wanted to add since these posts cannot be edited, that it ironically has been Apple's lawsuits that have given Samsung a raft of free publicity and exposure that the company might otherwise have spent billions in advertising dollars to achieve. Apple is doing Samsung an incalculable PR favor, although I doubt very much Apple is aware of it.

It's almost remarkable how much better and more clearly Samsung is understood & perceived now than was the case before Apple's ill-conceived, worthless lawsuits (that will in the end cost Apple a bundle, imo.) About the worse thing a company can do is comparative advertising with a another company's products--because even though when you think you are saying something negative about a competitor you are still bringing your competitor to the attention of your customers who might not otherwise have ever given your competitor a second look. And what happens is that your customer often sees your negative as a positive for himself, and winds up choosing your competitor's product instead of yours...;) Happens all the time, which is exactly why most companies don't do comparative advertising and call out other companies by name--it's just not good business.

As a result of Apple's nefarious legal shenanigans, Samsung's world-wide publicity program for its products and services has never been more effective! It's therefore no surprise to see Samsung's profits flying through the roof!

I wonder if Apple will ever mature enough to understand why the kind of litigious activity it seems to prefer is so very bad for its bottom line, and that its competitors generally come out ahead of the game because of it--at the very least, Apple's competitors have their public publicity profiles raised substantially--even if they don't win the particular suit Apple has filed against them. In that regard, Apple post Jobs seems just as immature as ever--with its games of "getting even" and "waging war" on other companies. It's like listening to children bragging to to children during a school lunch break--"Yea, I'm going to get Timmy and Johnny for filching my marbles--just you wait and see!"

now we see why apple is so desperate to squash samsung sales.

samsung is a huge threat.

Back