Microsoft Reveals the Most Innovative Schools in the United States

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. is announcing the new 2012–2013 Microsoft Innovative Pathfinder and Mentor Schools being inducted as part of its Innovative Schools program. The 99 new Pathfinder Schools and Mentor Schools from 51 countries were chosen because they have strong school leadership and have established a record of innovation and successful change implementation. The U.S. schools were selected from Alaska, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington. They have demonstrated student success and are great showcases for how one-to-one computing, rethinking curriculum design, bringing innovation to scale for a district, and creating a climate for technological advancement through professional development can improve learning environments to make a real impact on transforming education.

I have two kids myself, and speaking as a father the most efficient way to teach youngsters is in a PvP MMO or FPS.

All schools should be a virtual daily grind fest using the carrot and stick approach. Think guild wars in high school.

Make them pass a test to get access to PHAT LEWT and they'll do it.

(If anyone takes this idea I want money for it.)

I have two kids myself, and speaking as a father the most efficient way to teach youngsters is in a PvP MMO or FPS.

All schools should be a virtual daily grind fest using the carrot and stick approach. Think guild wars in high school.

Make them pass a test to get access to PHAT LEWT and they'll do it.

(If anyone takes this idea I want money for it.)

They already beat you to it...in a sense:

http://edurealms.com/?p=48

Lulz at the school in Medina, WA, mostly msft people probably that live there, average house price is easily over a million with many houses 3+

key there is BUY iPads. No one is getting donations of iPads... at least from Apple, although they may sell them at cost... MAY.

I thought they gave large school orders a break of like $30 a piece (aka, nothing), but they buy applecare/etc so it's still massive profit for Apple.

Lulz at the school in Medina, WA, mostly msft people probably that live there, average house price is easily over a million with many houses 3+

Most of those schools are in either affluent areas, or in areas that are growing at a sustainable rate with a steady influx of money. There are a few outliers, but mostly $$.

Back