Complementary 27´ monitor to Dell 2209WA?

Hy3ms

n00b
Hi everyone,

I would like to buy a second monitor (27´) to my Dell 2209WA. I was fairly certain that U2711 would be my choice however I became little hesitant after I had read the possible problems with input lag and overall responsiveness of U2711.

I wonder whether I should be worried about it (ghosting etc.) or not? I am not a hardcore gamer, most of the time I play RPGs and strategy games, FPS from time to time but I have never noticed any problems associated with input lag or response time. I have found out that on 2209WA input lag varies from 1 frame to 2 frames which is roughly the same for U2711. Thus logic tells me that if I cannot see anything using my old monitor, I shouldnt be worried about the new one, right?

The other possibility that has just presented itself is the new model U2713H. I know that there has already been a lot of discussion but which one would you recommend me as a complement? One other thing - I have the possibility of buying a new U2711 for 730$ whereas U2713H sells for 820$.

Thanks for any thoughts and advices
Hyems

Last edited:
Back