Video Gamers Demand Bigger Boobies

HardOCP News

[H] News
And the award for "headline of the day" goes to this article. This also takes home the trophy in the "No duh" category as well. :D

"We were getting feedback from the overseas offices to tone down the sexuality -- to tone down the sexiness of the game, and of the characters," director Yohei Shimbori recently told video game blog Gamasutra. "We actually got a lot of feedback from people who were playing it, saying, 'We want bigger breasts. Make the characters more like that.' That was kind of surprising.

This is one thing that has always bothered me about the gaming industry.

It's possible to enjoy games without being a chauvinistic creep.

Games in which sexuality and bodies of unrealistic proportions are overplayed just disgust me, and I wind up not playing them.

I don't play games for a sexual experience. If the overt sexuality is truly necessary for the plot, then leave it in, but otherwise it has no place in a game.

I don't care--unless it's gotten so out of hand as to destroy my suspension of disbelief.

Unless it's a sex simulator, I don't want breasts to be the focus of my game.

If you have a solid fighting game system there, there's nothing wrong with having beautiful characters as a layer on top of that

Seems they are going about this a bit backwards... :D

DOA 's main target audience has never been women and likely never will be.

I do agree tho that the bouncing physx are a bit out of wack and they should use Mocap to get a natural feel and get a more hands on approach to it. Then this whole debate would be moot... unless you count breast size and age being in contention :eek:

Anyways ladies, enjoy your Twilight and we'll keep our sexy video games!

Zarathustra[H];1039197674 said:
This is one thing that has always bothered me about the gaming industry.

It's possible to enjoy games without being a chauvinistic creep.

Games in which sexuality and bodies of unrealistic proportions are overplayed just disgust me, and I wind up not playing them.

I don't play games for a sexual experience. If the overt sexuality is truly necessary for the plot, then leave it in, but otherwise it has no place in a game.

It's nice that with a free market people can chose which games suit them.

I always thought that chauvinistic was simply thinking your race, gender, county, ect... is better than everyone else. If that is the case how is liking Big Boobs chauvinistic? Sexist maybe but chauvinistic I don't see it.

As you can tell I love me some big boobs.....But I also find women to be equal or superior to men and most definitely don't identify myself as chauvinistic...... Its not my fault I have been cultured to like big boobs. If I was raised in Africa I'd like big ass.....Ok I like a bit of ass too.

What is the point of having armor when it covers everything EXCEPT what you would want covered in order to protect you? The cleavage happens to be right where the heart is. That is a place you would want covered; by wearing armor that covers everything but that area, you are simply guiding the enemy's sword right into your vital organs. It is incredibly stupid and immersion breaking.

What is the point of having armor when it covers everything EXCEPT what you would want covered in order to protect you? The cleavage happens to be right where the heart is. That is a place you would want covered; by wearing armor that covers everything but that area, you are simply guiding the enemy's sword right into your vital organs. It is incredibly stupid and immersion breaking.

If something like a fantasy RPG is going for realism when it comes to weapons and armor, you're absolutely right. People take practical use of armor pretty seriously in that genre. I think Dark Souls did a great job with armor design for both genders, while still maintaining an obviously stylized art direction.

If it is a game like Bayonetta, I don't mind it one bit. It's supposed to be over the top.

Basically: if boobies fit in with the style of the game design, bring 'em on.

Because you're trying to confuse your enemy with your enormous boobs and shapely arse. If you were fighting a half naked chick, wouldn't you be slightly distracted? :p

Did somebody say boobies?!

Yes, I want boobies in games decent sized (not Ellie -sized in BL2), I want to see them perky, but also bounce like in Baywatch.

Give us options in the graphics to adjust boob size!
But don't make it so the chicks trip on them when they walk. :eek:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day,(i.e. this story is from Faux News).

Haha I saw this through Flipboard earlier this week. It is what it is, didn't need a study to figure that out :p

If they are talking about the teenage audience is still sleazy, but understandable.

If we are talking about the adult audiences I bet these same types who go to Hooters and strip clubs too...

Funding losers...

it's not the size of the breast that counts it's the perkiness ;)

People actually play those games, how, no I mean how, I got the impression that it was a game that just encouraged teenagers and stoners to fap themselves into a coma, how are they using the controller with one hand?

I would like women in RL to have bigger boobs most of the time. Why would I want it any different in my video games?

Claire Redfield from RE2 was the hottest character IMO, and she's not stupidly voluptuous.

But I prefer these boobies anyway:
220px-Blue-footed_Booby_Comparison.jpg

Big boobs aside I have always had fun playing DOA games.

I like big boobs as long as they aren't accompanied by excess body fat or large, stretched out areolas

Made me think of this video:

http://youtu.be/OTGh0EMmMC8

It's the Japanese's fault, they created this boobpocalypse. Less loli, more cleavage :p

if women can read twilight and 50 shades of bullshit which depict men in completely unrealistic, women-idealized ways, why cant we do the same? guys are more physical and women are more mental which is why the ideals play out in different ways for the two sexes. i consider them both to be just as offensive, which is not at all.

that said, i dont expect my gf to have utterly ridiculous lara croft proportions, and she better not expect me to act like a glowing vampire.

Bigger Boobies are a must, look at tomb raider. they slowly increase every game!

actually i think theyve decreased the last 2 (1?) games, and the new tomb raider is a big decrease. she looks very realitic actually.

Made me think of this video:

http://youtu.be/OTGh0EMmMC8

Too funny!:D

if women can read twilight and 50 shades of bullshit which depict men in completely unrealistic, women-idealized ways, why cant we do the same? guys are more physical and women are more mental which is why the ideals play out in different ways for the two sexes. i consider them both to be just as offensive, which is not at all.

that said, i dont expect my gf to have utterly ridiculous lara croft proportions, and she better not expect me to act like a glowing vampire.

^^THIS.

I honestly don't understand why people need to see bigger boobs in a game. They are just pixels on a screen!

Back