Seattle Police Post Real-Time Crime Reports on Twitter

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want up-to-the-minute crime reports in your Twitter feed? Neither do we...but the Seattle Police Department sure thinks it is a great idea. :eek:

“More and more people want to know what’s going on on their piece of the rock,” said the chief of police, John Diaz. “They want to specifically know what’s going on in the areas around their home, around their work, where their children might be going to school. This is just a different way we could put out as much information as possible as quickly as possible.”

The Seattle Police department is about as prone to violence and subsequent federal investigations as the Portland Police Bureau. This idea might prove interesting.

Not really up-to-the-minute, it is delayed one hour.

True Real time would make it way too easy for even petty criminals to know where the police are at any given time, increasing their ability to get away with their own crimes.

Huh. I can justify my being on [H] then. I'm giving you guys a real-time feed of what's on my mind while I'm working.

Right now it will just be spammed with news about handing out tickets off the Mercer St exit since they messed that area up big time.

The Seattle Police department is about as prone to violence and subsequent federal investigations as the Portland Police Bureau. This idea might prove interesting.

For those of us in other states, that have not visited the Northwest, what does this mean? (I'm asking because a friend is moving to Portland next week.)

Some genius working for the City of Seattle engineered him/her self a pretty sweet gig.

Back