Wireless Adapter Recommendation Needed

PTNL

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking for recommendations on a decent wireless adapter (802.11 g/n) for a desktop machine that is sitting in a corner desk. PCIe ports are in use, though there is one available PCI socket. I'm not against USB. Given the "in a corner" position of the computer, I was thinking an external antenna may be preferred.

Please include products links to an online seller with the recommendation(s). Thanks!

Understood... Are there any better suggestions, or is there simply not much of a difference between that Rosewill unit and other decent PCI cards?

Just get the Roswill. I am speaking from experience.

If you read the reviews on newegg for some other cards, the biggest complaint is losing signal and dropped packets.

Good grief....every month someone asks this question....

Please use search.....or the short version is:

No one makes a decent wireless card for the desktop ...but you can buy a PCIe to mPCIe adapter and plug in a Intel 6300 wireless card and the three required antennas.

Good grief....every month someone asks this question....

Please use search.....or the short version is:

No one makes a decent wireless card for the desktop
My searches through the forums (before starting the thread) yielded the same results: stick to PCIe, and USB sucks. While that information is useful to know, it doesn't help find a solution to a less than ideal situation.

but you can buy a PCIe to mPCIe adapter and plug in a Intel 6300 wireless card and the three required antennas.
Again, no free PCIe sockets on the mobo. Otherwise I would've purchased an Intel PCIe wireless adapter (example).

I would avoid any USB solution. In my experience they've just been a waste of time. I have used the Rosewill PCI adapters on a couple machines and haven't had any issues with them. I would think if you found a PCI adapter with good reviews on Newegg.com you'll probably be alright.

Back