Enter The Freeman: Half-Life Film

sweet...yeah let's just hope Uwe Boll doesn't get his grubby hands on it.

Great cinematography, but the headcrabs are a bit goofy looking.

Not sure how serious you guys are. That was absolutely plodding along. That film could have been 5 minutes long and still get the same feel across. Also, it was outright boring.

Uwe Boll always seems pretty busy on these type movies ... he might have to combine several of his projects to make maximum usage of his time ... Call of Resident Evil Half Life Borderlands Battlefield ... a hit for sure :eek:

I liked it up to the part where the crowbar welding tin can started kicking ass.

That was pretty good for a fan made movie. I agree that it captured the feel with it. And you know what, let Gordon talk, the entire reason he doesn't talk in the game is to make you feel like the character. If, and that is a big if, this ever got made into a movie I wouldn't want to watch two hours with the main character not talking at all.

Half Life was not this mysterious, in fact the power was still working after the explosion, and I don't remember there were any female scientists in the game(Half Life 1)?? Seems the only women that appeared in the game were assassins.

That was pretty good for a fan made movie. I agree that it captured the feel with it. And you know what, let Gordon talk, the entire reason he doesn't talk in the game is to make you feel like the character. If, and that is a big if, this ever got made into a movie I wouldn't want to watch two hours with the main character not talking at all.
I'm going to double post cause we were writing both in the same time, you are so right! I sometimes see a movies where they have silent or barely speaking protagonists and there is nothing worse than lack of communication in movies, very boring and annoying.

I feel like if Valve wanted a Half-Life movie to get made, they'd just do it themselves. Some guys would get their desks together and just sort of make it happen.

Then again, that's how Half-Life 3 started. So maybe that isn't the greatest of ideas.

It was made for $3000 and shot over a period of days. I'm sure some people also didn't do it for the money but for the love of HL.

Its amazing the expectations some of you have for a 9 minute Half Life Live Action movie shot on a hair string budget over a few days.

I enjoyed it.

Too dark, a little too slow, but very awesome considering the budget, etc.

Great job for a fan made $3000 budget film. Sure the head crab was a little cheesy but just as good as the creatures from the Doom movie.

Half Life was not this mysterious, in fact the power was still working after the explosion, and I don't remember there were any female scientists in the game(Half Life 1)?? Seems the only women that appeared in the game were assassins.

Aren't all women assassins? o_O

Way too slow... the only parts of HL that are slow are the platform sections sometimes... Wish the security agent was named Barney. And the G-Man looked heavy when he turned... he always seems thin as a stick in the games.

Not super impressed... although Freeman looked pretty accurate.

They made the classic amateur mistake of trying to replicate freeman's entire look. That stupid suit only looks cool in the video game, in real life it looks like something out of the Power Rangers. They should have patterned it after something more familiar, something that actually exists, or something believable. Just because you're adapting something to film doesnt mean you have to clone your source material. It's sort of like the xmen movies and how none of the characters are actually dressed like their comic book look-a-likes.

This was better done than many of the Grade B horror flicks coming out of Hollywood today. I would love to see more of this. On talking, I wouldn't mind Gordon talking when he must, but keeping silent during the rest, especially as silence is what helps you get through without always being taken for lunch/shot at. :)

They made the classic amateur mistake of trying to replicate freeman's entire look. That stupid suit only looks cool in the video game, in real life it looks like something out of the Power Rangers.
It looks cool in the short, too. Besides, you can't have Gordon Freeman without the HEV suit: Freeman's never been shown not wearing it. For all intents and purposes, the HEV suit is Gordon Freeman and Gordon Freeman is the HEV suit.

I do like your pot-calling-the-red-balloon-black attitude, though. "Classic amateur mistake". Fantastic.

Eh...this short film makes me glad they won't do a Half-Life movie. They didn't even do the headcrab zombie right. They're supposed to be screaming/moaning as if the human part is still in pain, not growl like a typical zombie...

That's at least what I got from the game whenever I saw one - still freaks me out to this day.

It looks cool in the short, too. Besides, you can't have Gordon Freeman without the HEV suit: Freeman's never been shown not wearing it. For all intents and purposes, the HEV suit is Gordon Freeman and Gordon Freeman is the HEV suit.

Although I never understood why the HEV suit didn't have headgear of some type... that's cool that your body is shielded from radioactive waste and all, but your brain is toast...

Back