iPhone 5 vs .50 Cal

HardOCP News

[H] News
Our pal Richard over at RatedRR has a new video up today of an iPhone 5 being shot with a .50 cal. Obviously we know how this is going to end, 18 hard drives didn't stand a chance, but these videos are still a blast to watch. :)

i don't like Apple products, but damn that is a real waste of money :D

Ditto.

Never understood people who do this.

Why not donate the money to charity instead? Save some starving children.

One of the few things I hate more than Apple and their products is waste.

Ooh, I *really* want one now. The gun, not the phone. Well, I wouldn't mind having the phone either...

Zarathustra[H];1039172631 said:

...and the no-contract price of between $649 and $849 can feed a lot of hungry people.

Instead this money has gone to Apple supporting the every company the shooter is trying to make a statement about.

It's kind of moronic... :rolleyes:

Zarathustra[H];1039172649 said:
...supporting the very company the shooter is trying to make a statement about.

What statement is he making? He makes videos (and money) off of shooting stuff that fanboys have a hernia over. :confused:

...and the no-contract price of between $649 and $849 can feed a lot of hungry people.

Instead this money has gone to Apple supporting the every company the shooter is trying to make a statement about.

It does seem that way, but this is a case of spending money to make money. He makes his living doing this and the $800 he spent probably earned him a few thousand.

Ditto.

Yeah lets all stop spending money for leisure purposes and donate it all to starving children.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry I crack myself up sometimes.

Ditto.

I agree, just don't click the video/page. ;)

It does seem that way, but this is a case of spending money to make money. He makes his living doing this and the $800 he spent probably earned him a few thousand.

Ahh. I didn't realize that this was his business.

Silly business, but at least its more understandable.

How much money have you spent on moronic, selfish things in the last year, and how much have you given to hungry people?

Even eeeeevil Mitt Romney gave 30% of his income to charity.

Zarathustra[H];1039172736 said:
How is shooting a phone leisure? :rolleyes:

It's doing whatever the hell you want with your private property. Why do you have a problem with that?

How much money have you spent on moronic, selfish things in the last year, and how much have you given to hungry people?

Even eeeeevil Mitt Romney gave 30% of his income to charity.

You can roll windows down in his private plane too!

Was I the only one who notice the spelling on the shirt? Makes it doubly funny because he brings note to it at the end to "help support"

You can roll windows down in his private plane too!

I can't wait until people like you have to deal with rich people leaving the country and taking their charitable contributions, investments, and venture capital with them.

I can't wait until people like you have to deal with rich people leaving the country and taking their charitable contributions, investments, and venture capital with them.

Not sure what you're getting at here. I just made a jab at his rolling down the window in an airplane gaffe, nothing more.

this is getting stupid, but things like this should get enough traffic to pay for the phone and a few extra phones.

hmmm, gotta think of new ways to get traffic to pay for toys.

Not sure what you're getting at here. I just made a jab at his rolling down the window in an airplane gaffe, nothing more.

Hadn't heard of that gaffe. Thought it was just a crack at his being rich. Apologies.

Hadn't heard of that gaffe. Thought it was just a crack at his being rich. Apologies.

Ann's plane had a small fire and had to make an emergency landing. Mitt said that he doesn't see why you couldn't open the windows in planes and that it's a problem that you can't.

Obama asked if this was an Onion satire. Someone said no, I'm afraid not.

I don't care if the guy's rich. That's never been an issue for most of us. This is the land of opportunity after all. I only have a problem with people not practicing what they preach, and I also have a problem with not-so-bright people being the president of one of the most powerful nation in the world.

But we're going off topic. This is about iPhone 5 and a .50 cal high powered rifle. Too bad we can't roll down the window when using an iPhone 5 and a .50 cal high powered rifle. Skribble's cat would be able to snipe the phone from the window.

Not sure if serious or trolling...

I don't care if the guy's rich. That's never been an issue for most of us. This is the land of opportunity after all. I only have a problem with people not practicing what they preach, and I also have a problem with not-so-bright people being the president of one of the most powerful nation in the world.

You make it sound like Mitt's this bright guy who has this awesome idea. Except, opening windows while a plane is in the air is dumb. Really, really dumb. But don't take my word for it.

http://www.livescience.com/23428-planes-roll-down-windows-romney.html

Gravity tends to keep air molecules concentrated near the ground, so the atmosphere thins out as you go up. The air becomes so thin at 10,000 feet (3,000 meters) or so that airplane cabins must be pressurized above that altitude to prevent occupants from suffering from hypoxia, or lack of oxygen. Because temperature and pressure go hand-in-hand (i.e. low-pressure air feels cold), pressurization is also necessary to keep cabins sufficiently warm.

At 35,000 ft. (11,000 m), the typical altitude of a commercial jet, the air pressure drops to less than a quarter of its value at sea level, and the outside temperature drops below negative 60 degrees Fahrenheit (negative 51 degrees Celsius), according to The Engineering Toolbox. Exposed to such conditions, you would quickly die.

Pressurization is normally achieved by pumping the cabin with "bleed air," or compressed air sucked in and heated up by the plane's turbine engines. Pressurization only works in an airtight fuselage. Were you to open a plane window, the compressed air inside would rapidly rush out, atmospheric conditions inside and outside the plane would equalize, and everybody would die.

Plane windows that roll down would therefore be, to borrow Romney's words, "a real problem."

You make it sound like Mitt's this bright guy who has this awesome idea. Except, opening windows while a plane is in the air is dumb. Really, really dumb. But don't take my word for it.

http://www.livescience.com/23428-planes-roll-down-windows-romney.html

Reading is your forte, isn't it? I said he ISN'T a very bright guy for suggesting that. You don't need to quote a science blog to tell me that you don't roll windows down in a friggin airplane 12,000 to 40,000 feet in the air.

I only have a problem with people not practicing what they preach, and I also have a problem with not-so-bright people being the president of one of the most powerful nation in the world.[/URL]

I have a problem with elected officials who'd rather sit on The View rather than talk with world leaders during one of the tumultuous times in the Middle East in decades. I have an issue when they consider a US ambassador murdered for the first time in over 30 years to be a "bump in the road". I have great concern when we preface our reaction to the murder of our ambassador and other US citizens with apologies to a bunch of rampaging barbarians for upholding free speech and not persecuting critics of a single religion.

And that's just over the last couple weeks, not even taking into account trillions in debt, guns being given to drug cartels, and American citizens being killed with drones.

If the alternative is a guy who doesn't know you can open airplane windows, sign me the fuck up.

Reading is your forte, isn't it? I said he ISN'T a very bright guy for suggesting that. You don't need to quote a science blog to tell me that you don't roll windows down in a friggin airplane 12,000 to 40,000 feet in the air.

No, you probably should just restructure your paragraphs to make your point better understood.

You make this comment:

Obama asked if this was an Onion satire. Someone said no, I'm afraid not.

Then made this statement:

[/quote]I only have a problem with people not practicing what they preach, and I also have a problem with not-so-bright people being the president of one of the most powerful nation in the world.[/quote]

Your sentance structure implies Obama very heavily in that last paragraph. You should be more concise.

I have a problem with public officials and voters. ;) For all the American voter bitches about her or his choices, they would look authentic leaders in the eye and call them "unqualified."

Apple gets their money.

The video author gets to destroy an iphone (lucky bastard).

The viewers get to enjoy the show.

-

Everyone is happy, I don't see a downside to this!

Back