Starbucks: We'll Be Passbook-Ready Before October

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Starbucks announced on Friday that the company will be fully integrated with Apple’s Passbook by the end of September. Passbook is a new App that was introduced as part of Apple’s new iOS 6 mobile operating system.

Passbook, which went out as part of iOS 6 earlier this week, is a new application from Apple designed to store membership cards, tickets, coupons, and boarding passes -- a bit like a digital wallet

Is passbook even remotely secure? Am I the only one that sees digital wallets as a potentially big problem or am I just imagining it?

They will be combining Apple Maps with Passbook....you'll be able to store all of your data securely because you'll never be able to find it again. :D

Yeah let's put all of my sensitive information on this little electronic device I could lose or have unknowingly hacked, just not comfortable with that kind of information being obtained through theft of the physical, or digital kind.

Yeah let's put all of my sensitive information on this little electronic device I could lose or have unknowingly hacked, just not comfortable with that kind of information being obtained through theft of the physical, or digital kind.

So do you keep your wallet locked in a safe? I'd much rather lose $20 on a starbucks card than my wallet.

So do you keep your wallet locked in a safe? I'd much rather lose $20 on a starbucks card than my wallet.

Actually come to think of it if I lost my wallet I would lose both. UNLESS I had a passbook. In which case I would not lose my gift cards if my wallet was stolen but my phone wasn't.

FFS I sound like an apple-fan boy atm :(

But them maps are the shitty so I couldn't bear to buy an iphone right now.

So you don't buy anything from Amazon or NewEgg or anywhere you enter your bank information? You don't carry credit or debit cards and your drivers license? Or cash, even?

Cmon guys need more people to beat Outamyhead while he's down.

It's your turn. I'm handing you the baseball bat.

Don't hit him in the head, that'll kill him. We just want to hurt him a little bit. No hitting in the crotch either. That's just mean.

To add cards and retailers into Passbook, you are sent from Passbook into a special section of Apple’s App Store. Except that when you arrive at the Passbook store, you’re usually denied and told you “Cannot connect.” There’s a weird fix that involves setting your phone’s internal clock one year ahead, and you have to remember to undo that fix, or else lose access to your iMessages synchronization
Sounds like fun. :rolleyes:
Apple's Passbook is definitely not leading the phone-based wallet charge

In other news, former hipster coffee shop adds support for former hipster toy maker's application.

They will be combining Apple Maps with Passbook....you'll be able to store all of your data securely because you'll never be able to find it again. :D
LOL. That's probably why there's a Starbucks on every corner. That way when Apple Maps routes you in the middle of nowhere you'll be able to find a Starbucks there too.

Is passbook even remotely secure? Am I the only one that sees digital wallets as a potentially big problem or am I just imagining it?

You aren't the only one. Digital wallets are just begging to get screwed over.

Back