Google is Dropping Chrome Support for OS X 10.5 Leopard

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In keeping with its policy to not support older versions of operating systems, Google has said it will no longer be providing Chrome support for Mac 10.5. The browser will continue to function, but will not receive any further support or upgrades.

Mac OS X Leopard was released on October 26, 2007, meaning next month it will be five years old. The latest version of the Mac operating system is OS X 10.8.2, which was released this week, but it’s not available for all Macs.

That's interesting cause 10.5 was the last version to support PowerPC Macs. Though I don't think they've ever released a PPC version. I know FireFox works just fine on 1.5 PPC Mac's. At least last I checked.

Great...how am I going to be spied on by Creepy Uncle Google using older versions of OS X? Don't they see how profitable it would be to watch everything I do on my old Macs as well as my new ones?!@

I deal with so many ancient PC's. I think the average PC I deal with is a P4 from about 2002-2004. A PC from 2007 is still practically brand new in comparison.

This shouldn't be so bad in Mac land, as they are used to dropping legacy as soon as the next new thing is out the door.

Back