Facebook Party Invite Goes Viral, Ends in Riot

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you ever think of having a party and inviting your close friends over to celebrate via Facebook, please remember to set it to private and not send out 30k invitations. There is good news here, only 10% of the invitees showed up. I’m sure the police were quite amused. :D

An estimated 3,000 party revelers descended on Haren, population just 18,000. As things got out of control, police moved in to disperse the crowd, but in the process were reportedly pelted with stones and bottles.

Sweet, 1st post(after Major Domo). Seems this mainly happens to those with thousands of "friends". :p
Hardcore facebook users don't appear very intelligent.

Big surprise, another idiot posts their stupid party on Facebook and thousands show up. You would think these tards would of learned from all the others who had the Dane thing happen. Oh well no sympathy from me, serves them right.

I know a really efficient way to break up a riot, but then people would be all like "whaaaa we wanted you to stop the riots but we didn't want you to hurt anyone"

My personal opinion is that if you are the type of person that's willing to throw rocks or bottles at cops, or torch someone else's car (Which they may depend on to provide for their family) then you deserve to get tased, beat, or even shot and killed. At that point you are liability of society and deserve whatever you get.

They were not rioting over some sort of government corruption, lack of food, water, or something very basic... they were rioting over a damn party for some 16 year old skank.

These same people who are willing to smash a brick into someone's face in a group are the same pussies who would cry foul and want the government to step in and pay for their BMW because it got torched in a different riot.

I know they handle things differently over on the other side of the world -- but riots in general I don't understand. It's a riot -- if you are on the streets smashing and stealing stuff you are guilty. Get on a huge megaphone, order everyone to stop, lay down, and then let them leave one by one. Don't want to comply? open fire.

After just one example or two where people get seriously hurt or killed, people will rethink taking to the streets to steal and destroy stuff. I just suppose that my outlook on the situation is that when people act like animals, you treat them like one. And if an animal wants to hurt me, or destroy my things, you put them down, and make society an overall better place.

Her friends are mostly to blame for the chaos that ensued. At least she was smart and got out of there before all hell broke loose.

still even if sent to public, I myself wouldn't attend a party from people I dont know! alot of crazy partyer out there.

Back