Corsair Professional Series HX850 Power Supply

HardOCP News

[H] News
PSU shopping? Head on over to Legit Reviews and read this review of the Corsair Professional Series HX850. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

As it can be seen from the graphs and tables of the two previous pages, the overall performance of the Corsair HX850 PSU is well above average. Electrically, the power supply displayed very good voltage line regulation in conjunction with low ripple, plus it satisfied the efficiency requirements of an 80Plus Gold certified unit. The thermal performance is also very good, especially considering the lack of heatsinks providing any noteworthy heat dissipation surface.T

my hx850 lasted 3.5 months then broke..probably just bad luck on my part. went with a seasonic x750 gold for replacement, so far so good.

its all luck of the draw my HX 850 crapped out killed 2x 6970s and 3 HDDs but just bad luck i suppose altho wasnt to impressed. HX 1000 while older held up well on the other hand so luck of the draw.

My old HX750's been a trooper 24/7 for 3 years straight. Going to hang onto it for future builds.

Corsair doesn't make a bad PSU. Some are better than others of course, but they're all worth considering.

I just bought an HX750 (the newer version was updated as per redbeard) off of newegg during the sale, should arrive soon!

Back