Having Tattoos Of Websites That No Longer Exist

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't think there is a single person out there that didn't see this coming. Well, except for the people that got these tattoos. :eek:

There are dozens, if not hundreds, of people out there with the domain names of defunct websites etched prominently and permanently on their skin, the walking detritus of zombie websites’ marketing campaigns.

Wait a minute, how is it that a woman smart enough to tattoo a website name on her forehead ends up living in her father's basement? :rolleyes:

So do we get free lifetime access to genmay if we tattoo hardforum on ourselfs?

A great reason against tattoos in general. Some do look sharp, but it seems most are done by five-year-olds and just make the person look ugly. Also, any facial tattoo kills it for any further advancement in life.

I'm clueless on tattoo culture, but wouldn't it have been easier to just sell temporarily tattoo space. Cheaper for each side and could be done on a monthly contractual basis no?

I've always wanted a tattoo but I have a couple problems that have stopped me from ever getting one. One, I want a digital/high definition/laser/high DPI/something tattoo and two I'd probably not like it the same way after some time/years so...yeah!

I mean I want something like this on my entire back but in more detail/ to scale if possible so... :( Of course if I could just easily add to it or change it up completely whenever I want, that'd be even better!

I guess I want too much out of life...lol.

I heard Kim Dotcom is getting a new tattoo....

homeimg.jpg

I heard Kim Dotcom is getting a new tattoo....

homeimg.jpg

SLAM!

Personally, I find tattoos kind of dumb. I mean, if thats what you want to do more power to you, but it seems that with the youth of today (like my bro and his friends) they just get tattoos to see who can get the most...has nothing to do with individuality and/or getting a tattoo that actually represents something.

Like my bro got a tattoo of the Batman logo on his calf even though he knows nothing about Batman nor has he ever shown any inclination that he even enjoys Batman...so its like, what was the point of that? Now its on you forever.

Meh, whatever, people do what they want...

People get some stupid crap put on their bodies. Advertising is way out of hand. I suppose they deserve it.

(Although, I suppose selling your skin space for a kidney is a noble deed -- I didn't read that part. Goes to show you just never know.)

Master [H];1039148784 said:
Also, any facial tattoo kills it for any further advancement in life.

This.

These people took the quick money, but now wonder why they can't find a decent job.
Any visible tattoo can ruin your chance of landing a job, just like a strange haircut or piercings.

This.

These people took the quick money, but now wonder why they can't find a decent job.
Any visible tattoo can ruin your chance of landing a job, just like a strange haircut or piercings.

I think that says more about the employers problems than it does the employees, however.

I think that says more about the employers problems than it does the employees, however.

I most certainly would never hire someone with tattoo's on their face to represent me or my product. Everyone in this thread is calling these people idiots, what do you think would follow for the employer of said person when asked "hey, where do you work?".

Tattoo's are fine and all, some even look appealing to get, but this is just pathetic. Fake eyes, extreme piercings, sponsored body art (mobile billboard), skull/bone implants, scarrings or other nonsense is just a plea for attention, help or in desperation.

Anybody remember the guy with the AMD K6-2 tattoo?
Who will even remember those cpus in a few years?

Anybody remember the guy with the AMD K6-2 tattoo?
Who will even remember those cpus in a few years?

True. However, the other side of that coin... I would totally get one of a 6510, 6502, 6581, or 8580 chip. Though, those have a somewhat legendary status.

True. However, the other side of that coin... I would totally get one of a 6510, 6502, 6581, or 8580 chip. Though, those have a somewhat legendary status.

Hmm, thinking about it more, a big SID 8580 tatoo sounds absolutely delightful. Not in a career limiting location however. :D

Just imagine if we all had to get our SSN's tattooed on us like it was some kind of serial number. Weird! There would definitely be a lot more identity theft but our owners would pass laws protecting us from ourselves. Kind of like the laws today, limiting freedom for security. :D

Well, I'm off to get my eyes and tattooed.

I most certainly would never hire someone with tattoo's on their face to represent me or my product. Everyone in this thread is calling these people idiots, what do you think would follow for the employer of said person when asked "hey, where do you work?".

Tattoo's are fine and all, some even look appealing to get, but this is just pathetic. Fake eyes, extreme piercings, sponsored body art (mobile billboard), skull/bone implants, scarrings or other nonsense is just a plea for attention, help or in desperation.

One person did it to get a child an organ transplant. Some desperation is rational, you however are not.

That's an extremely short-sighted and pretentious statement.

Some people who are into body modification have those issues, but that doesn't mean that they are related. There are many people with piercings and tattoos who don't have the issues and there are many people without them who do have the issues. You view these people as desperate attention seekers with mental and emotional issues because they're not like you.

I work in IT today, but I've been into body piercings and tattoos for well over a decade. I was even a body piercer many years ago. I'm heavily pierced and tattooed with my left earlobe being stretched to the size you'd see via National Geographic. I didn't get into the culture as a cry for help or because I'm a headcase. I did it because of aesthetics and because I find the culture interesting.

I can only hope that others won't judge people who work white-collar jobs as pretentious and conceited snobs who love their lives as dickheads.

That's an extremely short-sighted and pretentious statement.

Some people who are into body modification have those issues, but that doesn't mean that they are related. There are many people with piercings and tattoos who don't have the issues and there are many people without them who do have the issues. You view these people as desperate attention seekers with mental and emotional issues because they're not like you.

I work in IT today, but I've been into body piercings and tattoos for well over a decade. I was even a body piercer many years ago. I'm heavily pierced and tattooed with my left earlobe being stretched to the size you'd see via National Geographic. I didn't get into the culture as a cry for help or because I'm a headcase. I did it because of aesthetics and because I find the culture interesting.

I can only hope that others won't judge people who work white-collar jobs as pretentious and conceited snobs who love their lives as dickheads.

I definitely understand the extreme do not represent the all. I worked with/employed plenty of people with piercings, sleeve tattoos, lobe inserts and the like and rarily had an issue. Who I have had issues with are the folks that go off the far end and use the art to be someone else or to purposely put them in that "extreme" category.

Example: I hired a guy for some light rigging for a band job who had metal spikes literally drilled into his skull. I asked him why he chose that permamnent change and his response was "because I want to be a threat". I fired him after that sentence. This is my definition of extreme.

Anyhow my opinion.

Back