Total B.S. Facebook Study of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
A new study claims that people on Facebook judge attractiveness based on the comments left on profile pictures. Ummm, okay. You know, we really need to quit funding stupid studies like this and start handing out grants to study beer instead.

What’s the first thing you look at when you make a new Facebook friend? Most likely, it’s the comments on that person’s profile picture, according to a new study from the University of Missouri. The comments your Facebook friends leave on your profile picture strongly affect your level of perceived physical, social and professional attractiveness.

I mean it isn't exactly rocket science, if someone says something nice about the way you look, you'll feel good that day. Why the fuck was there a study needed...is this our generation graduating force...? Really?

I already did a study on beer Steve. It makes people seem more attractive the more beer you have, that is why you have to pick out a bar canary before you start drinking.

For me, it's simple. The bigger the hooters, the more attractive she is. My study was conducted in 10 sec. I'm a genius! :cool:

For me, it's simple. The bigger the hooters, the more attractive she is. My study was conducted in 10 sec. I'm a genius! :cool:

There we go, I think we can wire the grant money to your account. :D

facebook. perfect tool for shallow people. What more do you need than cropped photos with bullshit comments below it.

facebook. perfect tool for shallow people. What more do you need than cropped photos with bullshit comments below it.

That's not really all that it is, but alright. You're a doctor so I can't argue.

Facebook, at least, lets us keep them in one place where they can all be shallow together.

I went looking for the funding since I went to Mizzou for my grad/undergrad, and I was expecting it to be easy to find parts of it (for example, the engineering proposals list by year and date, then you can figure figure that parts are funded based on each project), but since this is in J school it's kind of hard to tell. They probably have an amount set aside by the school, and perhaps from larger grants that they break down into funding for a bunch of projects.

For these types of research though, I imagine it only costs is just what they pay the researcher, which for a Half time RA is about 1200 a month, and they are probably working on more than one study like these. Either way the study is just research towards their degree usually and they found a place where it fit into a Journal, otherwise you probably wouldn't have heard anything about this.

Back