NZXT 810 Switch Special Edition

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another case review has hit the net today and, this time around, it is the folks at eTeknix with a review of the NZXT 810 Switch Special Edition full-tower case.

NZXT may have only given this chassis a new lick of paint, but for me personally I really wasn’t a fan of the high gloss finish of the original, it was a nightmare to keep clean, attracted dust like crazy and even the slightest fingerprint would ruin the overall style of the case, all this is no longer an issue with the matt paint, although I did find the side panel window is still a dust magnet, but this is true of almost all perspex panels.

I think gloss is the enemy of most people. Funny, cos I have the gloss version. Not for much longer as we have a new chassis coming out this month. :)

I bought a couple of $50 NZXT cases to replace my aging (and old) server cases, and while they weren't exactly Cadillac's, they were definetly the best $50 cases I've ever seen. Very neat and tidy in construction.

Any spoilers?

The only thing I can say without breaking NDA, is that it's the successor to the Phantom. And it's way better. In my opinion, it might even be better than the S810, which, I love.

The only thing I can say without breaking NDA, is that it's the successor to the Phantom. And it's way better. In my opinion, it might even be better than the S810, which, I love.

If it has at least 8 expansion slots, I may get it rather than the Switch.

The Phantom has 7 - but I'm seeing a trend for some new mid-tower releases being 8 - fingers crossed!

So far, the Titanium SE 810 Switch is my next PC-related purchase - it's overkill for my current system but will provide both a solution to my overheating sandwiched GTX580's and future upgrades.

My EVGA X58 mobo has an odd PCIe configuration - to get some space between cards and stay on at least an 8x slot I have to move my 2nd GPU in the very bottom slot.

This necessitates me purchasing at least an 8-slot case next - I'm going to get some decent airflow between these cards. If my temps are low enough I'd sure like to try O/Cing video cards for the first time!

I've run a mild 3.8GHz O/C on my i7-920 for almost 9mos and my H60 dealt with it fine, but my GPU temps & noise levels are a bit high - even with custom fan profiles. I just reset my CPU to stock for the rest of Texas's hot season (most of fall is still toasty) for CPU longevity reasons.

I will most likely still be waiting to purchase until around the holiday shopping season, so I will be watching for news from NZXT...

Trying to talk me out of building a custom case, aren't you? I might have to blindly get one of them to replace my H2 which replaced my Phantom. I might also have to mod the ever living hell out of whatever it is, just cause.

I think gloss is the enemy of most people. Funny, cos I have the gloss version. Not for much longer as we have a new chassis coming out this month. :)

Looks like it got pushed back for another 12 days.

countdown is on the site though.

Back