OS raid 1 off z68 or areca 1882ix

hoostie

n00b
Just wanting a couple of opinions of what all you guys would do. I just ordered an areca 1882ix-12 1gb raid card, and 10 hitachi 7k3000 drives. Last drive is running hitachi dft right now. Hope they all come out good. My areaca card should be here towards the end of the week. I am running an asrock extreme 4 gen 3 z68 mobo, 16gb corsair vengeance, i7 2600. I plan on putting in a sas expander down the road. My plan was to run the 10 drives in raid 6, and run 2x 2tb seagates I had in raid 1 and run drive extender. I also want to run a raid 1 array with 2 corsair force 3 ssd's 60gb, that I have laying around. Do you think I will be fine running the raid 1 for the ssd's off the z68 chipset? Or Should I just run that arry off the card, and not run the 2 seagate 2tb drive at all and put the ssd's on the areca? I dont care about speed, just wanted better reliability. I will be running server 2008 r2.

Just wanted to see what all of you would do. Thanks

Run the boot volume of F3's off the 2 6Gb/s SATA3 connection. That pipe comes directly off the CPU.

Back