What is the best illuminated non-mechanical keyboard?

Mad Lion

Weaksauce
So I had a logitech illuminated keyboard, but my cat ruined it for me... jumped up on the desk and I spilled beer on it (yes, beer in a glass...).

I am now using a simple incredibly cheap logitech keyboard from wal-mart (11.88 price ftw). I would like to go back to a decent illuminated keyboard.

If I had the money, I might explore mechanical keyboards, but right now, I'm more concerned with something that glows and is decent (with the standard layout, no L shaped Enter key or single size backspace).

This is what I found so far that's a reasonable price:

http://www.xoxide.com/logisys-streamblue-ledusbkb.html

Anybody know anything about this board?

looks like a short-travel rubber dome, not a scissor switch. After using the logitech, I'm not sold on scissor switches anyway. I'd much rather have a mechanical, but this looks pretty durable the way the keys are designed.

I've had this one for 2 years:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Illuminated-Ultrathin-Keyboard-Backlighting/dp/B001F51G16

It's got great reviews and I like it a lot. It toggle 3 brightness settings on the white LEDs (can be shut off too). The keys are fairly flat so I can glide my fingers across the keyboard easily and the key travel is fiarly deep for a thin keyboard and very responsive.

I would reconsider buying blue illuminated keys, it could get distracting. I'm also not a fan of chiclet style keys.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
'd much rather have a mechanical, but this looks pretty durable the way the keys are designed.
as If you wouldn't get bored of your mechanical keyboard way before it gets broken...
It's like buying a cpu and a gpu that will last 100 years. Why?...............................

I LOVED my Razer Ultimate... Also the Corsair ones look amazing, but not for sure if they're illuminated.. Also Razer has a very good RMA service.

I like my Logitech Illuminated, but it's not without faults. I had to send it back TWICE before I got a unit that wasn't literally coming apart at the seams. It has held up well for over a year now, but it does seem a bit flimsy compared to some (slightly) higher priced mechanical keyboards. If you want quality, you are going to pay for it.

The second revision Logitech Illuminated keyboards are basically useless for gaming. Terrible ghosting/key blocking - completely forget about it if you're going to play a FPS. It's impossible to press shift + W + space at the same time on them. They're not even usable for typing if you're over 70 WPM.

I mourn your loss if you had one of the original Logitech's that didn't have this problem.

Long-term you'll probably want to invest in a Ducky Shine - yes they're around $160 but worth every penny, the last keyboard you'll ever need. Standard layout - no frills, superb key quality and a space-bar that feels the same regardless of where you press it.

Back