Pirate Bay Founder Arrest Related To Tax Hack

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently this idiot didn't learn his lesson after his last brush with the law. You'd think that a year in jail (which he hasn't served) and a $1.1 million fine would be an incentive to stay out of trouble. :confused:

The arrest of Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm last week resulted in much speculation about the motives and forces driving the action. In most scenarios it was assumed that Svartholm was arrested for his role in The Pirate Bay, but this turns out to be untrue. Sources confirmed to TorrentFreak that Svartholm is being held at the interior ministry’s counter terrorism department in connection with the alleged hacking of a Swedish IT company and the subsequent leak of thousands of tax numbers.

This idiot? Not exactly neutral reporting, are we? :)
Not saying I agree or don't.

What was he trying to prove with the hack? Or was it actually him that did the hacking and he's being framed as an excuse?

You realize that all that has happened so far is that he's been accused of a crime. He certainly hasn't been found guilty.

I want to bet on that he took something he shouldn't have before going to work on his hacking.

(ummm.......we are allowed to bet in here right?!?!?!?!)

"Apparently this idiot". Are all the articles descriptions here this way?
Hmmm...

"Apparently this idiot". Are all the articles descriptions here this way?
Hmmm...

I can't answer for [H]ard but, exactly what would you call him?
The term "Idiot" is probably way more PC than any I could think of in frank conversation.

I can't answer for [H]ard but, exactly what would you call him?
The term "Idiot" is probably way more PC than any I could think of in frank conversation.

"Co-Founder of the pirate bay"? Or founder? Confusing to me personally as the thread title and body differ in information provided. Anyway, last time I checked the term idiot referred to someone truly very senseless/mentally handicapped. Saying someone that co-founded/founded a top 100 site in the world is truly foolish/below normal IQ seems well, retarded. A lot of very intelligent individuals do stupid shit, mostly over-believing in themselves. However that's not the point, my point is it undermines a sites credibility/integrity/seriousness reporting stories in such a manner. It's what I would expect from a random FB post or something.

Just my opinion though, but you asked. :)

"Co-Founder of the pirate bay"? Or founder? Confusing to me personally as the thread title and body differ in information provided. Anyway, last time I checked the term idiot referred to someone truly very senseless/mentally handicapped. Saying someone that co-founded/founded a top 100 site in the world is truly foolish/below normal IQ seems well, retarded. A lot of very intelligent individuals do stupid shit, mostly over-believing in themselves. However that's not the point, my point is it undermines a sites credibility/integrity/seriousness reporting stories in such a manner. It's what I would expect from a random FB post or something.

Just my opinion though, but you asked. :)

That is getting a little nitpicky about grammar ... the formal definition of "idiot" (if it is used as a noun) is as you noted ... however, the colloquial definition or the use of "idiot" as an adjective (rather than a noun) is simply a stupid person or a person who does something stupid ... if you are wanted by the police, it doesn't pay to do something that will call attention to yourself (as he apparently did) ... I think he can be termed an idiot using the colloquial definition :)

That is getting a little nitpicky about grammar ... the formal definition of "idiot" (if it is used as a noun) is as you noted ... however, the colloquial definition or the use of "idiot" as an adjective (rather than a noun) is simply a stupid person or a person who does something stupid ... if you are wanted by the police, it doesn't pay to do something that will call attention to yourself (as he apparently did) ... I think he can be termed an idiot using the colloquial definition :)

Wouldn't the news on television be so much more entertaining if the news anchors got to say how they really felt about the stories they were reporting (unbiasedly)? Of course it wouldn't last too long because it's just unprofessional at the end of the day.

Also my point wasn't about the definition of a single word as noted above, my point was it's hard to take a site seriously....never mind. Good Day!

Wouldn't the news on television be so much more entertaining if the news anchors got to say how they really felt about the stories they were reporting (unbiasedly)? Of course it wouldn't last too long because it's just unprofessional at the end of the day.

Also my point wasn't about the definition of a single word as noted above, my point was it's hard to take a site seriously....never mind. Good Day!

Except this isn't a news site ... it is an enthusiast site that serves up many functions ... including news colored with opinion ... it would be kind of boring if all we got was the news ... there are lots of sites that do that :cool:

Except this isn't a news site ... it is an enthusiast site that serves up many functions ... including news colored with opinion ... it would be kind of boring if all we got was the news ... there are lots of sites that do that :cool:

Yeah, I'm more of a facts guy myself. To each his own I guess. Nice talking with ya though.

My opinion...someone who makes money from running sites like that is typically a con artist to start with, so I am not surprised at all.

Wait, so your trying to tell us that someone who makes money of piracy of other people's property is a douchebag?

Wow, there's a shocker!

I'm guessing you've never watched any of the political commentary shows they pass off as 'news' these days then, because that's almost exactly what happens.

Anyway, I do think he would be quite stupid to do something like this, especially considering how much trouble he's in and the scrutiny that he must have been under because of that.

I'm guessing you've never watched any of the political commentary shows they pass off as 'news' these days then, because that's almost exactly what happens.

I'm guessing you're assuming too much here. I understand there are many different forms of news reporting current day, I just don't personally take them as serious (or serious at all) as unbiased fact reporting (like normal news).

Wait, I'm lying, I absolutely love RapNews ~ with Robert Foster so I guess that makes me a hypocrite, I resign from this debate.

Back