Home Office Modeled After Apple Store

Lol, i said the same thing. Why? What an unoriginal way to set yourself apart.

While I don't particularly like the theme, it is a cool concept. For a number of years my home office resembled a mom and pop PC sales/service shop. I cleaned it up eventually.

I'd be careful posting these pics online, Apple might sue him.

Haha I was thinking the same. :D

It does look kinda neat though, even without the apple theme. The glass on the walls is cool. Would be cool to make it smaller panels, maybe 2'x2' spaced by an inch or so and each one would have a LED strategically placed to get total internal reflection. Heck, 3 LEDs for RGB and a controller board to get any color you want.

All he needs now is to sell some knockoff iPhone and he'll be competing with China

I'm just wondering where he stores his lawyer that he pulls out when ever someone with a non-apple thought or product comes to his office.

Its pretty, but a little too sterile and friendly looking for my tastes. He put a lot of work into duplicating the theme of the store accurately and, crazy or not, it's nicely done. Did anyone else notice his mentioning the walls are all under glass plates? :eek: Don't slip and fall onto a wall!

Its pretty, but a little too sterile and friendly looking for my tastes. He put a lot of work into duplicating the theme of the store accurately and, crazy or not, it's nicely done. Did anyone else notice his mentioning the walls are all under glass plates? :eek: Don't slip and fall onto a wall!

maybe its his macgyvered security system, since he blew everything else on apple trinkets

Haters gonna hate. It's a slick looking room, that I'm sure most wouldn't mind having despite your obvious hate for Apple related things.

Who said lobotomy is no longer performed on people?
No other way to explain this...

maybe its his macgyvered security system, since he blew everything else on apple trinkets

Haha! He'd walk into his office and go "OMG, a robber taking mah stuff!" Catching them off guard, he could shove that person into a wall where they'd break the glass and be impaled by evil, glassy doom!

I like it! :)

Haters gonna hate. It's a slick looking room, that I'm sure most wouldn't mind having despite your obvious hate for Apple related things.

It actually is pretty nice, but a little bit too barren looking. I mean, given that I do most of my computing junk from my bed, the kitchen table, or sitting on a chair with my cute little Compaq in my lap, I'd just be happy with any kind of space with a desk set aside for computer-y stuff and a little place off to the side to take stuff apart without it getting in the way of noms-on-food time.

I'm not a huge Apple fan, but it is tasteful looking for the most part. Though that printer does really stick out like a sore thumb like ocellaris already mentioned.

I've wanted a desk similar to the apple stores' for a long time now... I'm jealous of that part.

I hope his place burns down.

What a tool.
haters-gonna-hate.gif

It's kinda cool he went to the effort of theming his office, but yeah, why Apple and why such a cold clinical style. I certainly don't envy it regardless of the Apple-ness, I prefer a bit of character to my work area.

If it had cats it would be better. :p

I tried that, but found out I am allergic to them. So, I exchanged the cats for a baby. Unfortunately, now I can't get any work done without having my screen split in half, one for youtube cartoons and the other for eclipse or visual studio depending on what I'm working on...

I like it! I think it's very cool.

It's his domain and if it fits him, so be it.
Originality??!! Who cares?!

I could have a home theater that immitates an IMAX theater.
I could have a home gym that imitates Bally's, Gold's, or LA Fitness.
I could go on....

I get a lot of ideas from the Ikea and Workstation Setup Galleries on this site.
If it seems like a good idea and it makes my environment more appealing to me,
i'd do it.

Do you!

Why?? The man can do what he wants but for the love of God, why.....

I wonder what happens if you walk in there with an android device. Do you spontaneously combust?

I tried that, but found out I am allergic to them. So, I exchanged the cats for a baby. Unfortunately, now I can't get any work done without having my screen split in half, one for youtube cartoons and the other for eclipse or visual studio depending on what I'm working on...

Oh but babies are soooo kyooote too! Well, until they get older or unless they're making a lot of angry baby noises, then they're more scary than cute. What about a second screen for the YouTubes?

My home office is all black, all-black like a Samsung store.

I even have a 55" Samsung TV in my home office.

Back