From Dead Island to Project Hell

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Are you tired of zombies yet? Techland is betting money on the fact that you aren’t. Techland, the company behind Dead Island, is taking on another gaming project: Project Hell. If you like your games dark and violent, this one will be right up your alley. No timeframe was released on the development or release of Project Hell.

I was tired of zombies long ago. Mindless, no tactics, just a bunch of killing meaty dogs. Dogs are smarter, though.

I'm not so much as tired of zombies as I am untrusting of their releases. Dead Island was such a let down after their cinematic. Glad I waited for a Steam sale.

Since they never actually finished their earlier game, no I am not interested.

Hopefully they fix lots of the bugs from the last game. It might be interesting, but i'd definately not pick it up for the first 6 months based on dead island.

Would be nice if they added likable characters, and decent textures, and less buggy gameplay, and better mechanics and some graphics this time. :D

What made Dead Island so frustrating is that it was SO CLOSE to being a good game. The graphics for a lot of the game was really nicely done, but the weapons broke so quickly that you would make a really cool combo weapon, but never use it.

And healing friends that were downed never worked for me.

Every once in a while I feel like I want to get that game again (bought it used for Xbox, returned it before 7 days were up so I could get all my money back), but I know it would just be frustrating.

There was so much wrong with Dead Island,and they showed very little interest in correcting anything. A company that throws out an unfinished piece of garbage and then leaves gamers hanging isn't going to get my business.

I accidentally read this as Project Hall and thought it was going to be a game where you run through a giant underground hallway defeating an endless wave of monsters. High scores would be based on kills and distance. Kickstarter anyone?

I accidentally read this as Project Hall and thought it was going to be a game where you run through a giant underground hallway defeating an endless wave of monsters. High scores would be based on kills and distance. Kickstarter anyone?

Youd be sued by Bungie for stealing their game idea and level design. :p

I got Dead Island well after the release, patches and DLCs. It's pretty solid now. No issues for me. And I modded out the weapon degrade. Feels polished enough now. Glad I wasn't quick to play it at launch from what it sounds like.

I was tired of zombies long ago. Mindless, no tactics, just a bunch of killing meaty dogs. Dogs are smarter, though.

wut? there is no such thing as tactics in a single player game of any kind. if you really believe some enemies are smarter than other, then you somehow have missed the obvious truth - they are both equally stupid, just directed differently. no such thing as ai exists.

I got Dead Island well after the release, patches and DLCs. It's pretty solid now. No issues for me. And I modded out the weapon degrade. Feels polished enough now. Glad I wasn't quick to play it at launch from what it sounds like.

The game still has a ton of problems though, it's far from polished. Two big ones are everytime you grab alcohol it automatically equips and the fact that you lose weapons into the ground by throwing them sucks.

hahaha like these guys are going to get any more of my money, they have already pissed off their customer base and never bothered to finish dead island. My god that game was a buggy POS, hopefully they spend a crapload of money on this game and noone buys it / they go under...that would be nice karma :D

Dead Island got boring after a few hours of game play...and when you have no one else to play with, the game gets boring even faster.

I thought they were already making a Dead Island sequel subtitled "Riptide"...

:confused:

Dead Island had a terrible launch and fairly terrible developer support (though a good premise and decent game overall), so I'm not too keen to giving Techland any more of my money any time soon.

Back