Microsoft Recruiting Former OnLive Staff.

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
With the demise of OnLive several weeks ago, the staff was pretty much bundled up and bum-rushed out the door in quicktime. If you look hard enough, there is usually a silver lining hiding in those clouds and this one has Microsoft’s name written all over it. The big lingering question at this point is what does Microsoft have planned for the ex-OnLive staff?

“We are eager to speak to individuals and teams affected by the OnLive transition. We are looking to add key players who want to make a real impact in creating groundbreaking new products and services.”

They will probably grab all of them (that they can at least) and develop a competing product since Sony owns the other well known live gaming streaming service.

It sucks they lost their jobs, but at least there's a silver lining. They'll be working at a stable company now that actually has a future.

It sucks they lost their jobs, but at least there's a silver lining. They'll be working at a stable company now that actually has a future.

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not. Microsoft is the first stages of serious decline and they are betting the farm on Win 8 in the face of VERY viable competition. Microsoft's future is very unstable.

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not. Microsoft is the first stages of serious decline and they are betting the farm on Win 8 in the face of VERY viable competition. Microsoft's future is very unstable.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Can you please remind me of who the VERY viable competition is?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Can you please remind me of who the VERY viable competition is?

Linux! :p

On topic here...I think they did this maybe to get good ideas and skill for the next Xbox console and/or the rumored set-top box style Xbox thingy they're supposedly designing as well.

I doubt they are wanting OnLive staff for the game aspect. OnLive recently started offering streaming instances of Office and other windows software over OnLive. This is probably what MS is after. Trying to build a streaming software as a service model for their software. Also remember Windows RT can't run traditional Windows software, but it could run a frontend for an OnLive type service.

Good on MS for giving good people great job opportunities.

Big Evil Corporation indeed

Don't forget that OnLive was running virtual desktop of a windows machine for access on a iPad too so Microsoft might have been hiring the people that dealt that rather than the gaming side.

Next gen Xbox remoteplay with WP7 maybe?

Sony should do the same thing with Android and the next gen Playstation. Smartphones today are significantly more powerful than the original PSP so wifi remoteplay should be doable, and in 5 years when we have expansive 4g coverage they can switch over to cellular remoteplay.

Back