Dropbox Enables 2-Step Verification Process System

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Dropbox is attempting to make sure its service is secure after the recent breach and to accomplish that feat, it has augmented a 2-step verification system. It’s still in the experimental stage, so it may initally prove harder for the user to access the account rather than a hacker. :D

2-step verification can be a little bit of a hassle, and this feature was just enabled for testing so it could be slightly wonky.

Security up front or by design? Pfft. Only after being embarassed in the media, I guess.

I'm surprised I never heard about the initial leak with all the tech news sites I frequent but whatever, time to switch to Google Drive I guess.

I'm surprised I never heard about the initial leak with all the tech news sites I frequent but whatever, time to switch to Google Drive I guess.

One of the employees passwords was compromised. It wasn't anything major or troublesome.

One of the employees passwords was compromised. It wasn't anything major or troublesome.

I ended up reading a few stories on it. The bottom line is hackers were able to obtain both user name and passwords of users. That's a big enough breach for me to move along.

Our parent company uses dropbox and I cringed when I saw the CEO log in to show us something during a meeting. I don't think they realize the risk they are taking.

Back