Corsair H100 CPU Water Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at TechwareLabs have published a review of the Corsair H100 CPU water cooler today for your viewing pleasure. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

Today we are taking a look at Corsair's highest end water cooler, the H100. This cooler sets itself apart with its massive 240mm radiator, which should be able to provide some of the lowest temps possible from a closed loop water cooler.

installed an H100 over the weekend. Very pleased. Keeps my 3930 @ 4.5 below 60c load.

My H100 makes rather annoying water pumping noises. :(

There is a known issue with certain batches of the H100. If you haven't done so, go to Corsair's website and start the RMA process. I have the same problem but haven't gotten a chance to it yet.

Uh oh, I didn't even know about a new H100.

I just ordered the H80 today from newegg. Is that one a good performer? I will the i7 3770K, and I want to overclock the shit out of it!!!!

Uh oh, I didn't even know about a new H100.

I just ordered the H80 today from newegg. Is that one a good performer? I will the i7 3770K, and I want to overclock the shit out of it!!!!

they both have dual fans, but the H80 has them in push/pull and the H100 has twice the area and is a little thinner and both fans are on one side. overall the H100 performs better at stock and if you add 2 more fans for push/pull with 4 fans total then its really about the best you can do without shelling out $200+ for a custom water loop.

The only downside with push/pull on the H100 is that, depending on your case, you may not have clearance for a second set of fans. With the H80, you may have RAM clearance issues if the RAM is really tall.

H100 will yield better performance likely, since it has more effective surface area. But I'm sure H80 will do fantastically with a 3770k, given that it already performs very well on 1366 and 2011 chips that put out much more heat than the Ivys.

The only downside with push/pull on the H100 is that, depending on your case, you may not have clearance for a second set of fans. With the H80, you may have RAM clearance issues if the RAM is really tall.

H100 will yield better performance likely, since it has more effective surface area. But I'm sure H80 will do fantastically with a 3770k, given that it already performs very well on 1366 and 2011 chips that put out much more heat than the Ivys.

a lot of people also take out their extra drive bays and put the rad there in frnot, in which case they have plenty of room. but yeah for anyone mounting it on top there are very few cases that have room for push-pull on an H100.

Honestly I wasn't expecting too much from the H100. After installing and recording some temps, I was pleasently suprised at the capacity to keep my oc'ed fx 8120 from melting into a pile of scrap. Great job Corsair!

Back