Microcenter CPU deal updates; p2 x3 - $29.99, p2-x4 $39.99, 1045T-$89.99

Those Denebs are just remarked X3 720 and X4 920 ? Or are they office versions of those CPUs....samething really I guess. Not bad..

Those Denebs are just remarked X3 720 and X4 920 ? Or are they office versions of those CPUs....samething really I guess. Not bad..

Yeah, and remember that they are C2 steppings, that will top around 3.6-3.8Ghz.

Man. Nice and cheap. For good performance.

Then you all remembered that these cpus offer performance equivalent to core2quads... which came out 5 years ago... These CPU's will bottleneck your gaming performance.

Then you all remembered that these cpus offer performance equivalent to core2quads... which came out 5 years ago... These CPU's will bottleneck your gaming performance.

Depends on resolution....

Yeah, and remember that they are C2 steppings, that will top around 3.6-3.8Ghz.
Hmmm, I have seen quite a few people who claimed these were C3, when they got em, hard to believe there are still stocks of C2 chips out there. There is no processor anywhere for sale that will beat these for the same price. Overclocked b93 will beat a 100+$ i3 for less then half the price, if I had an MC near by, I would pick one up.

These cpu's are perfect for HTPC or for family members/friends without the need for high fire power for gaming with high end graphics or the need for huge multithreaded programs.
These will however make a perfect mid high end rig even today for gaming up to 1080p

These will not bottelneck for gaming at 1080P or higher. No modern decent CPU will.

CPU-World says they only come in C2. The 720 was only ever a C2. If the part number doesnt end in "GM" its not a C3.

Back