Facebook Co-Founder Sells 450,000 Shares

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another Facebook insider sold off shares today. This time around, the sale was only 450,000 shares ($9 million) compared to the 20M shares the director of the company sold earlier this week for $400M. This leaves Moskovitz, a co-founder of Facebook, with approximately seven million shares.

Moskovitz was Mark Zuckerberg's Harvard roommate when they founded Facebook in 2004. He disclosed in a regulatory filing late Tuesday that he sold the shares on Friday, Monday and Tuesday in blocks of 150,000.

Is selling 5% of your shares really that telling? Not really cashing in...

Facebook dying is just like MySpace - it's only a matter of time. There are so many companies that think advertising on there is actually useful. If I have ever "liked" anything, it would have been for a sweepstakes or a coupon - both of which I immediately "un-like" afterwords just for kicks.

Facebook dying is just like MySpace - it's only a matter of time. There are so many companies that think advertising on there is actually useful. If I have ever "liked" anything, it would have been for a sweepstakes or a coupon - both of which I immediately "un-like" afterwords just for kicks.

Could be you just don't have enough friends that makes Facebook seem a graveyard to you ;)

Facebook is alive and kicking on my end. I highly doubt it's going anywhere soon.

The funny thing here is that they are either cash-strapped or they are really worried about the share price.
When you're extra-long like these guys are it makes a lot more sense to write calls against your shares if you intend to sell them,
Want to sell at market price because you're worried the price might fall? Sell in-the-money calls.

Facebook dying is just like MySpace...

Why does everyone hate MySpace so much? It's gonna make a comeback just like Packard Bell did in the late 1990's when it resurged into market relevance and is a marketing powerhouse in North America now.

They are probably selling out also before Obama increases the capital gains taxes and they lose another 10 to 15% because of tax increases if the Bush cuts are not extended.

sell it all!

I do believe this would have all gone differently if Facebook was not forced to go public.

I don't care who you are or how you feel about FaceBook but getting in early and being able to dump a small portion of your holdings for 9,000,000 dollars is a treat many of us will never experience.

Sooo uhhh....when is [H]ardOCP going public?

Why does everyone hate MySpace so much? It's gonna make a comeback just like Packard Bell did in the late 1990's when it resurged into market relevance and is a marketing powerhouse in North America now.

1240265992468.jpg

Facebook isn't going anywhere anytime soon....but Facebook does have 1 major issue and that is their install base doesn't click ads and in general advertising on facebook doesn't yield good returns.

Thus stock price is difficult to set. Future growth at the company is hard to tell. But due to the fact that Facebook has hooked so many old people, whom are too old and computer illiterate to move to a new site, they won't sink or flop like MySpace.

It could also be a ploy to drop the stock price even more in which he will re buy them at an even lower price.

Could be you just don't have enough friends that makes Facebook seem a graveyard to you ;)

Facebook is alive and kicking on my end. I highly doubt it's going anywhere soon.
What he said, ^. So if Facebook sucks for you, its your fault. YOU choose the people to add, YOU choose the settings that allow people to find you or not. So if you complain that FB is nothing but fucktards posting food pictures or them partying, it's your friends that are the fucktards and not really something FB is responsible for.

They are probably selling out also before Obama increases the capital gains taxes and they lose another 10 to 15% because of tax increases if the Bush cuts are not extended.

That and he probably agreed ahead of time a date when he would sell off some shares. But that seems way too logical for some of these members. I dunno what's worse here, the Apple, Facebook, or Windows 8 hate. :confused:

Too bad we can't organize everyone with a fb account to start using adblockers. Love to watch it go down slowly.

Same here, didn't think I was the only one. That's all my account is used for.

Back