New Corsair 900D "Godzilla" and 200R Cases

Cruiza

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.overclock.net/t/1297712/mizukicommunity-corsair-900d-godzilla-unveiled

LL

LL

Wowow! That 900D is huge! Dimensions for the new case are 655x694x251mm compared to the 800D's 609x609x229mm. Assuming my calculator skills have not failed me, that means the 900D is roughly 35% bigger!!

Dang! And it will be like $369 or so I bet, but still I like the window.

For that price I think a case labs case, granted the case labs M8 case is a bit more at $399 (+ extra for accessories/addons)...

dream case for a all out build:
MAGNUM M8 Case

Depends what it's made of. If it's $350-400 worth of steel, CaseLabs would be a better option which are 100% aluminum.
The $300+ territory are for aluminum case IMO.

Caselabs Merlin and Corsair's 900D will battle for supremacy.

Hrm, doesn't really seem to add much over a TJ07 (except HTPX support). Hopefully there's some cool features there we can't see yet.

Hrm, doesn't really seem to add much over a TJ07 (except HTPX support). Hopefully there's some cool features there we can't see yet.

Except even at $350, the Corsair is half the price off the Silverstone.

The TJ07 is $320 new. I think you're thinking of the TJ11. If the 900D was all aluminum it'd be $600 too.

CaseLabs has been making all aluminum modular cases for <$500 for a while now, others $700 and beyond.
Corsair mass produced case should be cheaper. But, China doesn't produce quality aluminum cases, so the 900D will most likely be steel.

Since Silverstone switched their manufacturing to China their cases have been steel (interior) also.
The TJ11 was made in China and we see how that turned out. An overly expensive eye sore.

Long live the TJ07.

wow, i think i found the case for my next build.

can't wait to see more photos. the window looks amazing.

With fifteen fans and a terrible sound
it pulls the rising energy bills dowwwn...

Semi-seriously: since the 900D is obviously going to take over as Corsair's flagship case, how insane is its MSRP going to be? Are we getting into CaseLabs territory here?

Only? I have never really understood the necessity for heaps of expansion slots.

You can't put a dual-slot video card in the bottom slot of an ATX mobo when you only have 7 expansion slots. This is really OK in a low-line model such as the 200R, however. It was pretty much unacceptable in the 800D - but it is an old design...

Wow that's a nice looking case. I'll never have a use for anything that big but I like it!

You can't put a dual-slot video card in the bottom slot of an ATX mobo when you only have 7 expansion slots. This is really OK in a low-line model such as the 200R, however. It was pretty much unacceptable in the 800D - but it is an old design...
you can do it in the 800D provided the second slot is just a cooler vent, or if there are connectors that they don't protrude (i.e. HDMI, DP instead of DVI)

If I haven't seen one of the Caselabs towers...I'd probably be buying this for my next tower. I'm sorry Godzilla...I found a new love. T_T

I'm aware of the perks. He was talking about the 200R. 7 slots in a cheap case is a non issue imo.
800d can house 4 dual slot cards.....Just maybe not with 12 monitors or whatever.

When Corsair can make an Aluminium case. I will think about buying one. Until then, no.

Only? I have never really understood the necessity for heaps of expansion slots.

I'm aware of the perks. He was talking about the 200R. 7 slots in a cheap case is a non issue imo.
800d can house 4 dual slot cards.....Just maybe not with 12 monitors or whatever.

I agreed with you that the 200R certainly isn't expected to have more than 7 - especially since the 300R sticks with that many and it's a step up.

You did make a blanket statement about heaps of expansion slots though, and IMHO they can be very useful.

Just adding the 8th makes all the difference in the world if you want to spread a dual GPU SLI array out for better cooling - my mobo is 16x, 8x, 4x, 8x so I would love to bring the 2nd GPU down to the bottom PCIe slot but my case prevents it. Also, if you have SLI, option cards, and want to add the USB expansion brackets that many mobos come with.... again, they can be useful.

They don't hurt anything unless you wanted a shorter tower - and there are tons of stubby 7-slot midtowers out there already. If you look for 8-slot cases, it can be annoying realizing that Newegg (for example) counts extra vertical slots which obviously don't add height.

I would have loved the 300R to have had the 8th slot that it could have had - there's room for it... not as much of a fan of their larger cases styling. I do like the 900D, but I am not likely to go all-liquid cooling in the near future - so I will probably stick with a NZXT Switch 810.

Waiting for release dates and then reviews that my change my mind!

I agreed with you that the 200R certainly isn't expected to have more than 7 - especially since the 300R sticks with that many and it's a step up.

You did make a blanket statement about heaps of expansion slots though, and IMHO they can be very useful.

Just adding the 8th makes all the difference in the world if you want to spread a dual GPU SLI array out for better cooling - my mobo is 16x, 8x, 4x, 8x so I would love to bring the 2nd GPU down to the bottom PCIe slot but my case prevents it. Also, if you have SLI, option cards, and want to add the USB expansion brackets that many mobos come with.... again, they can be useful.

They don't hurt anything unless you wanted a shorter tower - and there are tons of stubby 7-slot midtowers out there already. If you look for 8-slot cases, it can be annoying realizing that Newegg (for example) counts extra vertical slots which obviously don't add height.

I would have loved the 300R to have had the 8th slot that it could have had - there's room for it... not as much of a fan of their larger cases styling. I do like the 900D, but I am not likely to go all-liquid cooling in the near future - so I will probably stick with a NZXT Switch 810.

Waiting for release dates and then reviews that my change my mind!

Forgive me. I didn't mean to come across as hating the idea of 8 expansion slots.
If anything it is more a general curiosity progressed by blanket statements.

I think your mobo is an obscure case. There are not many motherboards that support dual gpu spacing and can't fit in a 7 slot case. That's pretty poor consideration on the motherboard manufacturers part.

For me, what it comes down to is that I would never go further than two way sli and with my past two motherboards I have not had a problem fitting that in with room for extra expansion cards. Thus 8 expansion slots has always been a moot point for me personally.

HOWEVER!!!!!

An extra pci slot couldn't hurt in an Atx size case :)

I have a 800d and had been saying that I was waiting for the Corsair 900d to come out without knowing there was actually one in the works. It looks to have plenty of rad room. It looks to have three 140mm fans in the bottom compartment. Who knows maybe they are 180mm fans like in the Silverstones Raven Series. I'd get one if it where $300.00 or less.

Jesus Corsair, please for the love of god an Obsidian line mATX tower. Obsidian 250D please!! Only reason I didn't say 450D or 350D, because your definition of midtower is off, the 650D is not a real mid tower. Build something really really compact like a Silverstone FT-03, but Corsair Obsidian style. Guaranteed winner.

Really don't know why they keep building bigger cases, the trend is compact, and to build the best you can with minimal space. This isn't 1999. Small Form Factor Obsidian case please

Looks interesting, huge case, and quite old concept of rad positioning.

Looks interesting, huge case, and quite old concept of rad positioning.

It may be old, but it's still one of the best methods. Until the industry can get AIO coolers to cool at Custom-loop levels, I'd expect to see this in a fair amount of cases. I quite like the 900D...except for maybe the window, might be too large for my tastes, but I'd have to see a production shot to really judge on that. Overall, I think it looks like a great successor to the 800D (which I owned and loved).

What I would give for an 11-12 inch wide case, so I could put a pair of 360 radiators, on the floor.
Instead of the slim chance that I might go hptx, and there isn't really that much of a point since you can't Overclock sb-E on that chipset.... so not quite the enthusiast product.

Back