Chinese Knockoff Firm Sues For Patent Infringement

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now this is just too funny.

This post comes directly to you from the Department of Intellectual Property Irony. Chinese manufacturer of photography tripods, Sirui, is waging a patent infringement war against another Chinese firm. Sirui claims the other company stole intellectual property related to its "elaborately researched and developed patent technology."

The knockoff items do tend to be higher quality and have better features than lots of the companies they are making cheap crappy copies of... Especially crApple...

From their press release, "...infringing upon utility model patent right (patent number : ZI200820079937.2) of its one kind of products called “Folding Tripod With Bottoned Struture”..." What is a Bottoned Struture? Is that what the patent was based on?

The knockoff items do tend to be higher quality and have better features than lots of the companies they are making cheap crappy copies of... Especially crApple...

I call BS on this one. Please show me some KIRF of Apple products that are better than the original. Thanks.

I call BS on this one. Please show me some KIRF of Apple products that are better than the original. Thanks.

A lot of users on this and other forums will do anything possible to knock on Apple because it's the "hip" thing to do. ;)

With you on this, too. By no stretch am I an Apple fan but I know a quality product when I see it, feel it. Apple puts out a good product. You may not like it, but it's still a good product and I have yet to find a knock off that even comes close to the build quality, aesthetics or polished presentation the Apple products have.

Not that I think it is a knock off, but the Khumo case that I purchase for my iPad is much better than the magnetic cover that Apple sells. It provides protection for the whole thing, doesn't have an issue with falling off (some people say they do some don't) and it still works with the magnet system built into the iPad. Of course last but not least its half the price.

This can be true, my friend had a cheap crappy mp3 player that went through the wash like 5 times and still worked, but then he got an ipod and it went through the wash once and got destroyed lol.

Good, now maybe this means these knockoff companies will all fight each other to death over their lackluster products made of lead and mercury.

This can be true, my friend had a cheap crappy mp3 player that went through the wash like 5 times and still worked, but then he got an ipod and it went through the wash once and got destroyed lol.
Your friend isn't too bright, is he?

Lower spec everything :D
I see, wasn't really paying attention to the specs. It's got he looks, would be really interesting if they were to up the specs. Still would be interesting to see a thorough comparison since I'm sure the different OSs have different spec requirements.

I wouldn't call putting a device into a situation it was never designed for is exactly a reflection on the quality.

Your friend isn't too bright, is he?

You beat me too it, but I think you may be understating it slightly.

Back