[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member

Entries are now closed.

[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

H-Asus-Giveaway-.jpg

HardOCP is giving away 3 brand new ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II video cards to HardOCP readers! All you have to do is post in this thread ONCE (Please do not post more than once.) and tell us what features the new ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II has that will benefit your gaming and hardware enthusiast experience. It is up to you to find out about the card's feature set! The grand prize winner will receive a package including the new video card as well as an ASUS Maximus V Formula motherboard!

For those of you wanting first hand experience with the new ASUS GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II can find it on hand at PAX. The Republic of Gamers Experience Tour next stop will be at PAX Prime in Seattle, WA from August 31 –Sept 2. ASUS will be showing off some of the latest products including the newly launched GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II graphics cards for faster, smoother, quieter gaming experience. For a chance to win hardware, tell us about how you think the features of the ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II graphics card will benefit YOUR game play. Winners will be selected by Kyle and the ASUS Council of Elders! :)

HardOCP and ASUS representatives will be picking the winners based on your answers. US and Canada entries only.

Last edited:
Simply put: DX11, power efficiency, and being on current gen hardware rather than my old and busted equipment.

What's one of the first things that any gamer encounters after a long play session? Heat.

With a DirectCU card, you can game for hours on end without needing to ramp up your fan speeds or quit just to give your card some time to "rest".

I like the DIGI+ and Super Alloy Power which reduces noise and heat while allowing for better voltage control for overclocking. Oh, and the combination of the DirectCU II heat sink with their Dust-proof fans make for a cool and quiet card. As a gamer the combination of the hand picked components, DirectCU II heat sink, and the precise voltage controls mean I can have piece of mind knowing I have the most reliable and tweakable 660Ti on the market today.

Last edited:
:D
Newer ASUS hardware is better than my older ASUS hardware.

and I can pass my hardware down to my kid to replace his even older ASUS hardware.

which ultimately improves our coop gaming experience.

Excellent card for a new SLI setup.

The DirectCU II heat-sink will surely help keep any rig quiet.

I like the cooling on this card. Also it is about 4 generations newer than what I have.

The DirectCU II Cooler will allow this card to run cool while staying quiet. This will benefit my gaming and bring less distraction to my user experience. That's why I love Asus' card

A 660ti would be a great upgrade for me. BF3 is one of the most demanding games out there and being able to own noobs while running ultra settings would be fantastic. Would it allow me to run BF3 in a triple monitor config? MAYBE :)

The fact that it also draws less power at idle and while gaming than my much older 5870 is also a big plus as it would help offset the increased power usage of my 2600k that folds for [H]. Also there's a chance that folding at home will be able to leverage nvidia's 6 series cards at some point, allowing me to advance science for a great cause AND help contribute more to the [H]orde!

Direct CU II cooler = overclock the SOB to awesome performance and still is quiet.
Plus great power usage to boot;I forget to turn my PC off all the time.

Faster, Stronger, Better... and less heat!!!!!

Plus, would make me switch from red to green :D

Utilizing the latest 28nm graphics technology from NVIDIA, the ASUS DirectCU II range of graphics cards feature exclusive DirectCU thermal design and GPU Tweak tuning software to deliver a quieter, faster, and more immersive gameplay experience that redefines the term affordable performance.

Hmm,

ASUS build quality
Better than stock cooling with greater cooling at less noise
Precise control over voltage and clock speeds

Love It, have a CU 680 SLI in one of my main rigs.

DX11.1 for Win8, Low noise + good cooling, low power for good performance!
Also great service from Asus when my 6970 Direct CU card died had a new one within 2 weeks from RMA.

Last edited:
The new two slot DC2 coolers are one of the most silent coolers on the market. Silence and power used to be a luxury only rich enthusiasts gets to experience, but now it is easily reachable by us regular folks.

DirectX 11, and PhysX on board. I'm wanting to switch to the green camp for Borderlands 2!

The new ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II would be a significant upgrade from my two (2) generations old GPU (HD 5870) with respect to performance while gaming and at the same time generate less heat and noise due to the advanced DirectCU II heat-sink-fan technology. Plus it uses less power! What's not to like?

My AMD 6870 is starting to show it's age and would like a cooler/quieter video card w/ physx and Cuda support, did I mention using less power???

the custom pcb with better circuitry and cooling will totally be a major upgrade from my lowly 5770 and whats not to love with asus? :D

Overclocking headroom without noise and heat being the limiting factor.. what more can an enthusiast want?

easily the reduction of heat, which is a huge problem in my case since I am still on an older platform. plus it doesn't hurt that this would be a major improvement over my 285, and a reason to upgrade my system finally... :D

Txaa for games like the secret world, low noise profile thanks to the direct cu ii heatsink, powerful Kepler GPU, and physx for many titles make for a winning card. Add in the custom pcb and great heat dissipation, and you've got the perfect combination for gaming bliss.

The green team has PhysX which would be nice to have for Borderlands 2. The low noise from the DirectCU II cooler is also a big plus for me.

Life-time subscriber to The Secret World here. If I am going to play it for life, at least let me play it with TXAA :D

My wife needs an upgrade to her aging 460. That will benefit my gaming experience :D

Sorry but I do not want.

This ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti and its DirectCU II will be unable to keep my case gnomes warm in the cold winter months of my home country as they build their shelters on the back-plate. Furthermore I fear that their soft teeth may not stand up to your "Super Durable" capacitors, stealing from them such a valuable and tasty food source. How will they lull their young to sleep if not through the soft buzzing of lower quality, traditional chokes? How can you in good faith utilize Super Alloy Chokes knowing that so many gnome children go sleepless in the resulting silence?

You can take your Dust-Proof fans, your DirectCU II cooler, your Super Alloy Power, your super accurate and efficient DIGI+ controller and shove it My case gnomes will not live in the silent, efficient, and chilly world that you envision. They will be kept warm, they will know inefficiency and inaccuracy, they will dance to the tune of a thousand dust blowers.

Low noise and lower temps of the DirctCUII.
PhysX sounds quite interesting.
Higher frame rates than I have now.

With the motherboard? The interest in seeing how well the new gen Intel cpus run.

The direct contact heatpipes and dual fans will allow the card to run significantly cooler than reference designs and the DIGI super alloy with digital voltage regulators make it quieter and more efficient. Stellar customer service along with superb quality make this along with any other ASUS products a no brainer. The DX11 and vastly increased graphics performance boost will be fantastic since I am still running an 8800GTS.

I love that it's not only much quieter than the reference cooler, but it also cools much better. Better cooling goes a long way with Kepler cards since once you hit a certain temperature (80c I think) the card starts downclocking itself. A custom cooler like this goes a long way towards a higher overclock. I've used a DCII card before for a friends build and I was jealous of how much quieter and cooler it was than my own card.

Due to excellent heat management, thanks to DirectCU, the oportunities for overclocking awesomeness will allow me to tweak 'till my hearts content (and then some).

ASUS's quality and reputation, a cool+quiet video card for a gaming HTPC, DX 11 eyecandy, very simple OC'ing possiblities...

and because I'm reconsidering a switch from ATI to NVidia.

Ha!
ASUS, ASUS, ASUS.
Ever since I discovered their motherboards stability (many years ago) I don't buy anyone else's. The enemy of any component is heat. DirectCU....you betcha.

I need to make a believer out of my fiancee.

I was lucky/blessed enough to find myself a girl who enjoys playing video games. After MUCH hardship, I was able to convert her from console gaming to PC gaming - never again speaking about the subject in fear that she would succumb to her old, blind ways. She has an iphone and ipad too, but that is a losing battle on my part :(.

Anyways, at the time of conversion, I was able to muster up a few parts I had from older builds to get her into something that would at least be somewhat reasonable. We ended up building her comp with a Phenom II X4 processor, an Asus m4a88t-v evo , 4gb ram, and an Asus dcuii 550ti. She also has a 24" Asus 1080p monitor. She is one of those people that doesn't like change. If it aint broken, don't fix it type of gals (which is what made the original transition very difficult), but now, we are getting to the point that the 550ti is REALLY showing its age - at least to me. My current system consists for the following:

i5-2500k
Asus Maximus V Gene
Asus DCUii GTX 680
8gb Corsair Ram
27" Asus Monitor 1080p

Needless to say, ASUS is my vendor of choice by FAR. Anyways, games are getting to the point that she needs to dumb EVERYTHING down to the lowest settings to get half way DECENT frames - and even then, they hover around 30 fps, which isn't ideal. Then here comes her thinking not fixing what isn't broken. To her, she doesn't see the point of upgrading. The 30 fps doesn't bother her (only because she has never played at steady 60fps) and says that the picture quality is "fine" - once again, because she hasn't experienced any better.

THIS is my opportunity to further convert another customer over to the greatness that is Asus. This GPU (and even the motherboard) is at the PERFECT price/performance point. It is milestones ahead of the 550ti in terms of performance, it will run cooler, quieter than her current card, while at the same time, allow her (or me do it for her rather, lol) to crank up the quality while ALSO cranking up the FPS. The acclaimed DIGI+ VRM and digital voltage regulators will also guarantee quiet operations and a longer card life. Getting this card would allow me to show her the difference and help her further increase the necessity that is ENTHUSIAST level customer in this industry.

I would love this opportunity to show her Asus's quality and at the same time, not be yelled at for spending money on something she deems "unnecessary"(lol), when I know fully well that she is not experiencing these games the way they were meant to be. Truly, necessary indeed.

Last edited:
Back