Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailer

So is CS:GO anything special?

I mean, from what I've seen it looks like its just a updated CS:S with better graphics and maybe some minor changes here and there.

I mean, from what I've seen it looks like its just a updated CS:S with better graphics and maybe some minor changes here and there.

I played the hell out of CS and CS:S, left it for BFBC2 and then BF3. Tried CS:GO recently, can't believe how much I hated it and how cheesy I found it. The graphics are significantly better than CS:S, but it's hard to ignore how static they are vs. BF3, and how tiresome and constricted the maps are. The guns sound like a can with a BB in it being rolled down the street, and so on. Valve just has not kept up with the times in its game engines, I get the impression Gabe has some personal "XP 4 Life" philosophy that contributes to these issues. Oh well, I'm done analyzing and done with Valve games (unless they're sandbagging and come out with some HL3 that blows everyone away - unlikely at this point.)

Awesome trailer. But my use of the CS:GO beta just didn't match my love for CS:S. I never really played CS 1.6

I'm sure I'll get used to it though

cause throwing a grenade near radioactive barrels is a good idea....

cs_docks nostalgia goggles

First terrorist outta the truck carrying AWP.. fail. Gawd I hated that freaking tent-pole in CS. Ruined the game completely IMHO. :p

Ug, newbies...

If you are going to make a bomb and plan on placing it on metal, for the love of god make the mounting side highly magnetic with a booby trap switch so if the bomb is removed from the item placed on it goes boom.

Video is nice, but gameplay works better for me.
I bought it and played the BETA.
So far, same old same old, nicer graphics and chickens on the Italy map...
Still, for 13.5$ I can't complain.
Waiting for another FPS revolution from somewhere.
How about CS:portal... ?

I'm liking it, the one gripe I had with CS:S was the goofy hit boxes which they seem to have fixed. Or it could just be the placebo effect :p

I'm liking it, the one gripe I had with CS:S was the goofy hit boxes which they seem to have fixed. Or it could just be the placebo effect :p
It's a placebo effect cs 1.6 has the goofiest hit boxes out of the 3 games, anyways cs is about 2 things camping and learning how to fire with guns that don't hit where you aim.

GO is significantly better after the last update.

Once I got my settings down where I like them, the game plays pretty similarly to CSS, and the guns are quite accurate.

You can't spray as well on GO as you can on CSS, but other than that it's a good update to the game. They did add some cheezy grenades, and the buy menu blows, but I have grown to like it, and will most likely switch to playing it exclusively, assuming my friends migrate to it full time as well.

I played the hell out of CS and CS:S, left it for BFBC2 and then BF3. Tried CS:GO recently, can't believe how much I hated it and how cheesy I found it. The graphics are significantly better than CS:S, but it's hard to ignore how static they are vs. BF3, and how tiresome and constricted the maps are.

My thoughts exactly. Thousands of hours into CS since Beta 4 and this is the new version they put out? No thanks.

It's a placebo effect cs 1.6 has the goofiest hit boxes out of the 3 games, anyways cs is about 2 things camping and learning how to fire with guns that don't hit where you aim.

Mother Of God! o_O

I thought I was the only one who noticed that, that alone was the reason I quit CS in the first place.

I remember having hella fun on CS_assault and cs_offce - I did enjoy the source version... takes me back to my college years in the dorm.

The only thing I clap for is the fact that the creators have turned their fun mod into a money maker even after 10 years.

Too bad mods these days aren't allowed - who knows what awesome sauce could be cooked up by people out there in the world.

All the hating aside, I actually had fun playing it. Anyone that has gone from CS to BF series and then back to CSGO can't really complain about hitbox issues, but w/e :D

All the hating aside, I actually had fun playing it. Anyone that has gone from CS to BF series and then back to CSGO can't really complain about hitbox issues, but w/e :D

True -- there was nothing like being behind a fully solid wall in the middle of a reload and then get smacked down by a bullet you thought you dodged 500milliseconds ago.

While CSGo looks interesting -- if I was going to divert what little game time I have away from BF3.... it looks like it would be going to the new Mann Vs Machine mode in TF2 - played a round of it last night, and it's pretty interesting. If they can just get more servers online and easier to slide into a game I'd be happy. I haven't played TF2 in years so all this hat, powerup, item creating crap is new to me.

First, I don't think that at all does justice to what they are trying to do with CSGO. They are trying to create a platform where people can easily play actual games of counter strike very easily. The matchmaking allows you to play actual CS matches much more easily than before.

With that said, CS has never been about flashy graphics or upgrades. They put gameplay first. Everyone saying "I don't see anything drastically different" is used to series like Battlefield, COD,etc. The reason those games can be drastically different is because no thought is put into the multiplayer gameplay in the first place.

Also, valve doesn't have to worry about offering everything up at launch. The game will be modded to no end anyway. A large part of the game is being a platform for all the mods.

So really how different the game is from CSS is yet to be seen. The mods will partially decide that.

Good looking trailer.

I am a newbie to CS and I bought CS:GO because I want to play a game that has a strong community.

I love Unreal tournament and play it as much as I have time to but the game is suffering from lack of community. It's way funner to play against real people than bots.

I hope CS:GO is a big hit. It's priced right. Has a strong history with a strong competitive community.

Add me to the newbie club for CS:GO. I'll be training to kill you.

CS 1.6 was the start of DEATH for CS, it was never the same after that. CS:S is a joke, with every subsequent update slowly taking the skill out of the game. This looks no different... I've played since early Beta's, and i completely stopped playing during Source.. disappointing : /

If they would only fix Source and stop pandering to both extreme groups, they could make CS fun again, instead of trying to make those changes in a new game, but not actually making changes that count.

-Fix hit boxes
-Fix netcode
-Make/Include changes that MEAN something(Riot shield, armor that stops small calibre) and ignoring the self-interested groups who just care about winning and not the game.

I too have been a long time player of CS, from the beta days and while cheating has come and go, the "lag" from hitbox and netcode has remained the only constant in the game. It's the biggest elephant ever in a room ever; all but ignored by Valve and "top" level players, painfully obvious to newcomers and has created a community where if you complain about it, you get called a n00b by the very people who abuse it to win.

Reminds me of Tiberian Sun from 1999 by Westwood. I caught other top level players cheating and when I called them on it, I was laughed at. Yet years later, everyone is chuckling about it and commenting on how it ruined the game and you can't trust anyone playing these days.

So many players will do anything to win, don't they know they can have fun without winning? :(

I've had a real blast playing the Competitive Mode. Always enjoyed a 5V5 game of CS. I'm also happy they stopped the barrels from moving. I found that annoying in CSS.

If they would only fix Source and stop pandering to both extreme groups, they could make CS fun again, instead of trying to make those changes in a new game, but not actually making changes that count.

-Fix hit boxes
-Fix netcode
-Make/Include changes that MEAN something(Riot shield, armor that stops small calibre) and ignoring the self-interested groups who just care about winning and not the game.

I too have been a long time player of CS, from the beta days and while cheating has come and go, the "lag" from hitbox and netcode has remained the only constant in the game. It's the biggest elephant ever in a room ever; all but ignored by Valve and "top" level players, painfully obvious to newcomers and has created a community where if you complain about it, you get called a n00b by the very people who abuse it to win.

Reminds me of Tiberian Sun from 1999 by Westwood. I caught other top level players cheating and when I called them on it, I was laughed at. Yet years later, everyone is chuckling about it and commenting on how it ruined the game and you can't trust anyone playing these days.

So many players will do anything to win, don't they know they can have fun without winning? :(

You must not be around very many players outside the 24/7 noobofficefest servers. About 95% of those who play ESEA complain about interp, and shitty hitboxes. I actually get called a noob by people who are worse than me when I say "wtf reg" in regular servers. Valve fucked a lot of shit up by orange boxing CSS, then updating the recoil back in Sept of 2011 (went from squarish pattern to an oval). I'll admit there are a shit ton of cheaters, but when your online playing, you will always run into cheaters, no matter the game. And what is so bad about wanting to win? If someone is being angry towards you, there's always the option to mute them and ignore them.

Anyways, GO is better after that big update, I played it before and it was just wtf. But the AK is still way too inaccurate, you MUST single shot at long range, no more 2 shot bursts. Though the famas, galil, and kreig are very accurate weapons. Could use some more work, but its getting there.

Back