World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The fourth expansion pack of World of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria, is due to be released in late September and it’s high time to see a trailer or two to pique the interest of gamers worldwide.

Last edited:
They must have run out of ideas or something to end up having something like Kung-fu Panda as their expansion.

BTW, Panderans, as well as all other races, will be playable by all with the next patch, except for Monk, even if you don't have MoP. Monk = MoP exclusive.

I will have to admit one positive thing about this expansion (and only one): Blizzard makes some damn good CG cinematics.

They must have run out of ideas or something to end up having something like Kung-fu Panda as their expansion.

I doubt it. Most likely they're trying to attract a different audience. With things like "Looking For Raid", it's pretty clear that Blizzard wants more of the casual market. The Pokemon system was introduced to attract a younger and more female audience. The Kung-fu Panda's, help to bring more of the Asian market as well as more females. The Panda's in the game are cute, and I can see a lot of girls making female Panda's. They also dumb down the talent system a lot, as well as other content within the game.

It won't be as good as Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King, but it'll certainly be a lot better then Cataclysm. Ghostcrawler, who is their lead system designer and most outspoken developer, doesn't seem to totally agree with a lot of the changes within the game as well.

It'll be interesting to see if a more retard friendly game is going to bring more players back into the game. It'll also be interesting if this will overcome the WoW stigma that anyone playing the game is better off using that time staring at paint drying on a wall.

Ok guys, seriously, the panda aspect of this expansion is not that big, infact pandas has been apart of warcraft since wc2 so they aren't necessarily trying to cater to anyone other then the people who wanted to see the drink panda from wc3 make a debut.

Ok guys, seriously, the panda aspect of this expansion is not that big, infact pandas has been apart of warcraft since wc2 so they aren't necessarily trying to cater to anyone other then the people who wanted to see the drink panda from wc3 make a debut.

^^ This!

Pandaran Brewmaster. I mean, there was even a quest all the way back in Vanilla that hinted, in the barrens that refered to Chen's keg, Everyone crying foul over it for Kung fu Panda don't actually realize that WC lore had martial art panda's before that.

Too bad I won't be playing this. My time in WoW ran it's course along time ago I think, nothing short of all of my friends suddenly picking up the game again would make me play.

^^ This!

Pandaran Brewmaster. I mean, there was even a quest all the way back in Vanilla that hinted, in the barrens that refered to Chen's keg, Everyone crying foul over it for Kung fu Panda don't actually realize that WC lore had martial art panda's before that.

Too bad I won't be playing this. My time in WoW ran it's course along time ago I think, nothing short of all of my friends suddenly picking up the game again would make me play.

Friends and I decided to play again, not for pandas, but that is the only reason I picked it up again.

LOL

That's all blizzard does, they take other people's idea's and polish the fuck out of them.

They took so much from Warhammer, both the fantasy warhammer for Warcraft and 40k for starcraft.

Then for WoW they virtually cherry picked every single thing about it from other games, mainly Everquest and daoc/gw (arena/pvp stuff).

Now they are moving onto taking their ideas from films.

LOL

That's all blizzard does, they take other people's idea's and polish the fuck out of them.

They took so much from Warhammer, both the fantasy warhammer for Warcraft and 40k for starcraft.

Then for WoW they virtually cherry picked every single thing about it from other games, mainly Everquest and daoc/gw (arena/pvp stuff).

Now they are moving onto taking their ideas from films.

You seem to be very uniformed about warcrafts relationship with warhammer and drunken kung-fu pandas.

I doubt it. Most likely they're trying to attract a different audience. With things like "Looking For Raid", it's pretty clear that Blizzard wants more of the casual market. The Pokemon system was introduced to attract a younger and more female audience. The Kung-fu Panda's, help to bring more of the Asian market as well as more females. The Panda's in the game are cute, and I can see a lot of girls making female Panda's. They also dumb down the talent system a lot, as well as other content within the game.

It won't be as good as Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King, but it'll certainly be a lot better then Cataclysm. Ghostcrawler, who is their lead system designer and most outspoken developer, doesn't seem to totally agree with a lot of the changes within the game as well.

It'll be interesting to see if a more retard friendly game is going to bring more players back into the game. It'll also be interesting if this will overcome the WoW stigma that anyone playing the game is better off using that time staring at paint drying on a wall.

Bring more players back to the game? I thought there were more subscribers than the Earth's population playing WoW ??

pandas + pokemon mechanic = blizzard giving up on >13 year old western market

game is obviously being tailored for younger kids and the asian market.

I haven't been on wow for awhile, but this is pretty unfortunate.

Because of course turning someone into a sheep or talking cows are FAR more serious and adult.... :rolleyes:

You seem to be very uniformed about warcrafts relationship with warhammer and drunken kung-fu pandas.

CAre to enlighten me? To me both warcraft and starcraft seemed to heavily borrow ideas/themes from warhammer.
Space marines-Terran
Protoss - Eldar
Zerg-Tyranids
etc

Warcraft was originally a warhammer title till they(warhammer) backed out, the start craft series is theoried to be that way but both companies were hush about it.

Pandas were introduced into warcraft back in warcraft 2, they played about as big a role in the story as pandas will in this expansion.

Warcraft 3 (looooooooooooooooong before kung-fu panda) had a playable drunken kung-fu panda.

All of this is nothing new to warcraft either, its not them running out of ideas, they are still using what they have.

There's nothing that could make me play this game again.

Ex-Scarab Lord of Aggramar.

MMOs are a huge waste of time and WoW is no exception regardless of the expansion currently being added. Though, having said that, the panda characters are absolutely adorable and probably will help WoW cater to a different audience than the typical, basement-dwelling, 35 year old divorcee man living with his mother while he looks for a job. However, there are already quite a lot of people playing WoW who don't fit the demographic. I'd guess that it's probably the most diverse subscription based MMO on the market. This might expand on broader appeal, but I disagree with the idea that the game is being dumbed down. MMOs are already targeted at the stupid masses willing to pay repeatedly for a game just so they can have a chat room rolled into it where they can cyber-hump each other. Making a few changes to the mechanics won't make it more or less dumb than it already is.

"Mists of Pandoria"
Did you not read the title? The word Panda is in the title - it will play a major role in this expansion.

Was I the only one who thought this may have been a viral video for Kung Fu Panda 3 or something?

Fuck yes ninja pandas now I have a reason to play this game.

I have only done the trial, everquest 2 and final fantasy xi was a better game.

panarens first appeared in warcraft 3 in 2002.

kung fu panda first appeared in 2008

you've got it backwards

Yeah and there's a reason why they haven't resurfaced for 10 years, no one cared about them in Warcraft, Kung Fu Panda however made money at the box office, a couple sequels (hell I even think they had a christmas special) they made the Panda cool again, now Blizzard is jumping on that bandwagon. Doesn't matter who did it first, it matters who did it right first.

yeah im so glad i quit wow last year. it's just not what it used to be. Burning Crusades was the pinnacle.

Wow: Kung Fu Panda Edition.

I thought the same thing.

Then I remembered that The pandas come from WC2 and predate Kung-Fu Panda by quite some time.

So, not so much. Put down the snark-o-tron.

On another note: Blizzards cinematic team needs to STFU and just make a movie. They keep wanting to do a WoW movie but can't "get the deal" they want. They have the talent in-house. Just do it.

And another thing: who give a shit who did it first? I haven;t played WoW in ages, probably won't start again. But who cares? If it's fun to play then it's fun to play.

All the "hard core" guys can go back to waiting for "Call of Duty: Improbable Ops."

It amazes me that people still play this game. How many times can Blizzard successfully release a pay for expansion that increases the level cap, makes everyone "start over", recycles the same end boss models and make you tirelessly grind for reputation and gear drops once again?

It amazes me that people still play this game. How many times can Blizzard successfully release a pay for expansion that increases the level cap, makes everyone "start over", recycles the same end boss models and make you tirelessly grind for reputation and gear drops once again?

Activison does the same thing with Call of Duty, idiots just keep buying it. I bet they could release a lump of shit and put a bow on it, slap a $60.00 price tag on it, and people would still buy it.

Nothing about WoW in the slightest was ever geared towards adults.

The game looks like garbage, plays like garbage, everything about it was garbage.

Yeah and there's a reason why they haven't resurfaced for 10 years, no one cared about them in Warcraft, Kung Fu Panda however made money at the box office, a couple sequels (hell I even think they had a christmas special) they made the Panda cool again, now Blizzard is jumping on that bandwagon. Doesn't matter who did it first, it matters who did it right first.

Actually, people have been BEGGING for Pandaren since Vanilla WoW, and it was widely rumored & anticipated that the first expansion would feature them as a playable race, but instead they put in space goats. I gave up on WoW a long time ago, but people have been clammoring for those idiotic pandas for years now.

There's alot of Panda references in many of Blizzard's game. The reason being is because one of the long time artists at Blizzard, Samwise Didier loves Pandas. He's a huge 70s asian kung fu movie and panda fan and is much of the reason why there's tons of Panda references in Blizzards game if you look hard enough. For example

1g0ymf.jpg

2642vcm.jpg

jjpkoy.gif

etc

i agree with most of the people here, the game is kinda getting old (as is the CoD), in today's game majority of things are provided and/it's easy to get and only real game play for challenge is online. in old days you'd to work to get things and by any chance you forgot to read what was on screen you'd to go back to get them or u can't go forward.

Blizzard's Greatest Blunder is not making a Full Length Animated Movie!!!! Instead they are going with live action. They do such an Awesome Jobs with the cinemas that I just don't get why they don't make an animated starcraft/warcraft movie.

for so long people have been asking for pandas in wow, and now that they get what they have been asking for people are complaining that pandas are coming to wow

lol ether way they will sell at least 9 mil copies of this. will be fun

Back