Best Buy Founder Presses Case for Takeover Talks

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have two words for you..."hostile takeover." Better yet, start your own company called Besterest Buy and run your old company out of business.

“I am deeply concerned about the direction of the company and, as Best Buy’s largest shareholder, I cannot simply stand aside,” he wrote. “I still hope to work with the board on a mutually beneficial transaction – but you should know that I am not going away.”

Worst Company i ever worked for and treated meh lieks sh*t ALL teh time i was in geek squad and wtf with store meetings on a sunday @ 7 am and must be in uniform crap and aweful employee discounts. Good riddance you deserve it Worst Buy.:D

>sell Best Buy stock
>buy defunct Circuit City brand
>open closed locations
>spawn new jobs
>watch Best Buy crumble from within

Circuit City doubled down on PCs and media, which sealed their doom. Best Buy is moving to mobile phones and Apple, giving themselves a small future. Ironically, though, this makes me less interested in Best Buy.

Yeah, the Best Buy in Saint Jo, Mo is always sparely populated. I might see 10 customers in there. I sometimes drop in anytime I am in town. I wouldn't be surprised if they close that store there and move to a smaller area for just the mobile phones and Apple products. Who knows.

Their pricing is full blown retail which just drives me away.

Another thing that really upset me was that I went in there to buy a protective case / cover for a Nexus 7 I won and all of their many cases with a few that would have fit were priced so astronomically high I just couldn't believe it. They were all priced $40 - $50 dollars. The same items were $15 to $20 maybe $25 on eBay.

They are pricing themselves right out of business.

Worst Company i ever worked for and treated meh lieks sh*t ALL teh time i was in geek squad and wtf with store meetings on a sunday @ 7 am and must be in uniform crap and aweful employee discounts. Good riddance you deserve it Worst Buy.:D

i just quit 2 days ago. feels good :)

My dream is that they're all replaced by Fry's.

Get removed due to sexual relationship with fellow employee. Throw a hissy fit, buy back majority stock. Pout and whine about how the brand is deminishing. Start planning a hostile takeover to "remodel the company" so to speak.

This sounds like a weird reality show. Why hasn't the board totally stomped this dude? This is just embarrassing.

Get removed due to sexual relationship with fellow employee. Throw a hissy fit, buy back majority stock. Pout and whine about how the brand is deminishing. Start planning a hostile takeover to "remodel the company" so to speak.

This sounds like a weird reality show. Why hasn't the board totally stomped this dude? This is just embarrassing.

He didn't have the relationship. He got kicked off because he knew about it and didn't do anything.

This is the guy that actually started the company, he stepped down as acting CEO a while ago and was just a board member. The guy that had the relationship was the CEO at the time.

My dream is that they're all replaced by Fry's.

As long as Fry's sorts out their staffing problems (mainly how they treat their staff), it might happen, otherwise those extra stores won't be around for long. You can only deal with being treated like slave labor for so long, and what they consider staff appreciation day is a joke. Your presence is mandatory, you have to show up at 5 in the morning, you cannot punch in for time wasted on BS, and then you have to sit through the nonsense for an hour, eat some god awful breakfast and coffee, and then go home if your shift doesn't start at 7am, and the $2k they blew on the event could have been spent on some new tools or equipment for the service desk, or the store in general as most of the equipment is held together with the miracle glue the store IS guy has, heck we were using an nVidia quad 6600, with SLi 8800's as our customer data retrieval system (you can see it if you go to the Sunnyvale store, it's still on the bench, custom Coolermaster Stacker case), as the store manager decided not to give the system away like nVidia reps wanted to.

And sorting out a loaner piece of hardware while theirs is being repaired/replaced is a bloody chore in itself, takes a good 10-15 minutes to get the paperwork all done, and then have it rung up through the checkout, because of Randy Fry's paranoia that someone is screwing him out of money or stealing from him (higher up employee's mostly involved in that, some at HO under his sodding nose).

Sorry just my opinion of working at the store (you apparently love) for a year, and then getting shafted for seeing my grandmother three days before she passed, was willing to take unpaid leave, but the deputy store manager insisted I took emergency family medical leave, turns out my Grandmother isn't immediate family according to CA law...and Fry's, he was a giant cock and had his comeuppance of being arrested for defrauding the company, my current job doesn't even care about that "just go and deal with what you need to do, we'll sort out the time off when you get back". From a customer point of view I can see why some people like them, from my point of view they hire anyone with a pulse, and they don't like employee's that know the labor laws or their rights.

Only saving grace Fry's has is price matching online stores.

I like BB's warranty and their cellphone section of the store, warranty has already served it's purpose once...Wouldn't buy computer hardware from them though, normally way behind on tech and price for those particular parts, although the CPU cooling parts occasionally have some surprises.

Back