Five Million Dollar Speakers

HardOCP News

[H] News
We've seen some expensive hardware in our day but nothing like a pair of speakers that cost $5 million (Monster wires and Geek Squad calibration not included). Even if you were a billionaire....spending that kind of money on these speakers is seriously retardical. :rolleyes:

We've seen some expensive hardware in our day but nothing like a pair of speakers that cost $5 million (Monster wires and Geek Squad calibration not included). Even if you were a billionaire....spending that kind of money on these speakers is seriously retardical. :rolleyes:

OBVIOUSLY not. It wouldn't be just $5 million if it had them.

Those speakers look like ear molding gone very wrong.

Ugly and not very well designed.

Spend an hour on the avs DIY forum and throw your audiophile magazines in the trash.

Those are fugly....and they'll look even worse with wires sticking out of them.

Ugly and not very well designed.

Spend an hour on the avs DIY forum and throw your audiophile magazines in the trash.

An hour my ass! The information there takes days to read and assimilate before you end up saying fuck it I didnt need it anyways!

An hour my ass! The information there takes days to read and assimilate before you end up saying fuck it I didnt need it anyways!

Yea, I was thinking that hour would turn into days, then people would buy a speaker kit from one of the nice folks over there and be done with it. The hour is the "gateway drug".

Not mentioned is the fact that only the 18 karat gold pair costs this much, and there is only ONE of them made.

The other sets (bronze and silver) are a fraction of the cost.

All they are missing is an i-apple logo. The bell founding method sounds interesting, but if it was so good you would think there would be others who have done it for speakers.

I'm thinking the specs aren't that great either, but I'm admittedly distracted trying to figure out what organ those damn things look like...

These things obviously aren't an attempt to deliver $5m worth of sound quality (if such an amount even exists). They're designed to be bought by the same sort of person who buys a gold plated Rolls Royce... someone who doesn't care in any way about performance, only about excessive displays of wealth.

There better be hookers inside those things that come out any time you put on Barry White.

Looks like a pair of decapitated and delimbed fetuses with speakers in their neck and ass holes.

Also...47Hz- 37Khz!?! Thats absolutely shitty and will sound rather...bad, lacking all the important (bass) frequencies...would be like using inner ear headphones...:D

"Bell foundry" technique is just like any other moulding technique...might as well use sand casting.

Those cables are great. They provide amazing staging and make the highs just pop while keeping the overall sound warm. They are a bit forward not quite as much as the Audio Quest Diamond and overall provide a good value.

:D

LOL!!! Die in a fire!!!

I'm pretty sure most of the people in this thread are being derogatory about the speaker design and beating up on specifications because they can't afford to purchase them. It's the same old, "Oh, I can't have them? I didn't want them anyway!" thing that small children do to one another when they argue. The only difference is that the people in this thread bashing such elegance and luster driving the ultimate purity of sound are trying to also back up their not wanting it anyway with some kind of justification about why they're not adequate.

I, for one, look on in awe and bow respectfully to whoever might own such astounding audio power. Indeed, their manhood alone would crush you under its borderline planetary mass. Tremble in fear of the speakers you disrespectful peons of the labor caste.

I'm pretty sure most of the people in this thread are being derogatory about the speaker design and beating up on specifications because they can't afford to purchase them. It's the same old, "Oh, I can't have them? I didn't want them anyway!" thing that small children do to one another when they argue. The only difference is that the people in this thread bashing such elegance and luster driving the ultimate purity of sound are trying to also back up their not wanting it anyway with some kind of justification about why they're not adequate.

I, for one, look on in awe and bow respectfully to whoever might own such astounding audio power. Indeed, their manhood alone would crush you under its borderline planetary mass. Tremble in fear of the speakers you disrespectful peons of the labor caste.

While you are 110% correct in your post, I will point out why you're completely wrong if you buy a subscription to my weekly newsletter.

I'm a Princess, thus waaaay above the rest of the [H] pesantry, and I deem these to be junkpiles! They may be golden junkpiles (pfft gold is for poor people, I coat my speakers in cm thick Tritium, with a fountain ofOctanitrocubane running over the surface (to keep speakers moist) and fill them with antimatter (the acoustic properties of antimatter are besst when laced with dark matter, but my agent couldn't find any, I "fired" them of course, and paid for the funeral).

But what my rich people speakers do, and infact my cheaper speakers do is replicate the full range of frequencies audiable to humans, (roughtly 20hz-20khz), which these fail to do. So you'd either need an extra sub, or to pretend that the bass was there. They also appear to be on crappy stands. :(

While you are 110% correct in your post, I will point out why you're completely wrong if you buy a subscription to my weekly newsletter.

I have subscribed...TWICE...because I like your newsletter so much!

I'm a Princess, thus waaaay above the rest of the [H] pesantry, and I deem these to be junkpiles! They may be golden junkpiles (pfft gold is for poor people, I coat my speakers in cm thick Tritium, with a fountain ofOctanitrocubane running over the surface (to keep speakers moist) and fill them with antimatter (the acoustic properties of antimatter are besst when laced with dark matter, but my agent couldn't find any, I "fired" them of course, and paid for the funeral).

But what my rich people speakers do, and infact my cheaper speakers do is replicate the full range of frequencies audiable to humans, (roughtly 20hz-20khz), which these fail to do. So you'd either need an extra sub, or to pretend that the bass was there. They also appear to be on crappy stands. :(

Don't you dare try to troll me. Those stands are made from WHITE gold and while it might be somewhat deviant to have yellow and white together, we're that kind of world now. Your comment about the full range of frequencies fails to account for the fact that the wealthy and powerful only need to hear a limited range of sounds which these speakers perfectly match. Anything outside of that range is sound made for the peons to be ignored.

Don't you dare try to troll me. Those stands are made from WHITE gold and while it might be somewhat deviant to have yellow and white together, we're that kind of world now. Your comment about the full range of frequencies fails to account for the fact that the wealthy and powerful only need to hear a limited range of sounds which these speakers perfectly match. Anything outside of that range is sound made for the peons to be ignored.

You don't subscribe to my "drill symphony orchestra newsletter". You swine! :(

Pfft why not platinum? There are corner cut here and there (no legs on the fetuses either) which shows these are cheap and not really meant for rich people. These are the kind of thing i'd expect to find in a Christmas cracker. The people in power (e.g. Princesses, I mean real ones, not like the silly ones who are just humans) can hear -120Hz to 1230kHz, which is how they read minds.

Back