PlayStation Network Hacked Again?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Dear Sony, your security sucks ass. :mad:

The hacker claims to have about 50 gigabytes of information beyond what's in the document, and about 10 million accounts are "at risk." "Yes, if you play PlayStation Network, you're included <3." So yeah, change your passwords, remove your credit card info from your account. Unfortunately, you know the drill by now.

Theyd have to store 5mb+ on every user... That would either be a short novel biography or gazzilion bit encrytion. :p

Theyd have to store 5mb+ on every user... That would either be a short novel biography or gazzilion bit encrytion. :p

Even in MS Word format, a novel-sized file of just text is usually less than 500 kb unless it's a Robert Jordan book.

No, that's just how databases work. There's a huge overhead for indexes, logs and other stuff. Plus there's meta information, any associated data for internal use, etc, etc.

I was about to be pissed the hell off lol..Glad that was quickly proven false. Though I had the skeptical meter ringing hard at the 50gigs of data bit.

its been updated as a hoax, pretty poor job posting this, it took me 5 seconds to figure out it was fake, then 10 minutes for an update confirming it was fake

Actually it is pretty standard OP for [H]... anything to bash a console maker or Apple gets posted ASAP.

LOL! This news story is FAIL all the way around.

a.) Initial story FAIL
b.) I posted a link to it (breaking news, no reason to think Sony hasn't been hacked AGAIN) FAIL +1
c.) Sony rep tweets denial FAIL
d.) Sony rep deletes denial FAIL
e.) Anonymous deletes tweet claiming hack FAIL
f.) Secondary Anonymous tweet claiming hack deleted FAIL
g.) Anonymous claims hack is valid FAIL
h.) Anonymous removes claim FAIL
i.) Sony refuses to comment FAIL
j.) Playstation Twitter posts denial
k.) .......

[H]ater comments roll in... FAIL

:D

Actually it is pretty standard OP for [H]... anything to bash a console maker or Apple gets posted ASAP.

It truly bothers me to see you so unhappy with the service we have provided to you for almost 8 years...free of charge.

It is not the intent of the [H] to hurt your delicate sensibilities as often as we do but, thankfully, there is a solution in the upper right hand corner of your browser that will immediately solve all your [H] related problems.

555614_10152004956935214_1883321472_n.jpg

If you need further assistance, please let me know and I will remedy them ASAP.

It truly bothers me to see you so unhappy with the service we have provided to you for almost 8 years...free of charge.

It is not the intent of the [H] to hurt your delicate sensibilities as often as we do but, thankfully, there is a solution in the upper right hand corner of your browser that will immediately solve all your [H] related problems.

If you need further assistance, please let me know and I will remedy them ASAP.

This might help XvMMvX a bit more:

http://vimeo.com/30055676

Just go to the gaming forums to find out that XvMMvX always has an axe to grind. "I _______ but I hate people who _______s".

pick and choose:
a) am/are a PC gamer
b) am/are a Hardforum member
c) play intelligent games

Back