Borderlands 2 - Come and Get Me Trailer

They really aren't doing much to convince me to buy this. Story has so far not been touched on much, leading me to believe its going to be as poor as the first one.

They really aren't doing much to convince me to buy this. Story has so far not been touched on much, leading me to believe its going to be as poor as the first one.

There's always one guy... :rolleyes:

I didn't even care about the story. Borderlands was all about killing shit and blowing shit up with 3 of my friends. And it did that with lots of personality.

Not many games deliver that kind of enjoyable experience these days.

I wholeheartedly agree, September better arrive on time this year.. and quick!

Borderlands is an incredible game - solid arcadish shooter with a ton of humor and well executed visuals and mechanics. Borderlands 2 looks great and plays great, lets hope they kept the humor and the flawless co-op play. Was just reminded how good net-code is not always a given playing Max Payne 3 with a friend in MP.

Nice trailer. Handsome Jack is gonna burn! :D

I can't wait for this game. The first had just enough story/humor to keep things moving along. The strong point though was spending countless (ok 220+ in my case) hours with friends blowing things up, giggling at some of the humor, and doing ridiculous things with vehicles.

This game is not about the story.. it's all about the guns and the co-op fun factor :).. cant wait!

It's supposed to be intentionally cheezy right? That was like Bethesda-bad voice acting.

Yes, it's supposed to be cheesy and over the top. It's RAGE which doesn't take itself seriously, is actually fun, and runs well.
I still snicker when I hear the Tanis tapes when I play Borderlands 1. Good stuff.

Spent literally hundreds of hours playing the first one... seriously hanging out for this... bring on Sep 18 :D

Meh ,I agree with him. I hate games with no stories. I... actually dont even remember the first.

Me too. I dumped the first after playing a couple of hours. I like realistic looking environments, so I don't like the look.:(

Can't wait, first one was awesome. Need to group up with more people this time as I mainly ended up going solo in BL1.

I didn't even care about the story. Borderlands was all about killing shit and blowing shit up with 3 of my friends. And it did that with lots of personality.

Not many games deliver that kind of enjoyable experience these days.

QFMT!!! I'm excited!!!

eh, you have to re-kill the same fuckers every time you go into an area.
THAT MAKES IT AWESOME!!!!!

My problem with Borderlands was the enemy variety was incredibly small and got very boring after about half way through. I did beat it though.

eh, you have to re-kill the same fuckers every time you go into an area.
THAT MAKES IT AWESOME!!!!!

The game is very much about two things:

1: Mass eradication in an arcade way
2: LOOT and gun variety (make this #1)

Running around in empty areas in an over the top mayhem shooter sounds like a lot of fun... especially with all the RPG elements and story details to feast on. ;)

I enjoyed the first one, this one loos good too.

I actually ordered this last night from greenmangaming for $40 USD by using a discount code, which is good for a couple more days.

If I'm not mistaken the code I used was PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR

I'm at work at the moment so I can't verify that this was the correct code but if someone says it's not working I'll check the code when I get home and post up the one I used.

I think I'll get two copies, one for myself and one for my wife. This actually comes out a few days after my birthday.

Ok, it's not an EA game - Check. It'll be available on Steam - Check. It's available on the PC - Check.

Just might have to buy this one.

Ok, it's not an EA game - Check. It'll be available on Steam - Check. It's available on the PC - Check.

Just might have to buy this one.

It's worth pointing out that it is a Steamworks game which means you will need to have Steam to play it

It's supposed to be intentionally cheezy right? That was like Bethesda-bad voice acting.

Wow, so no clue about the first one? I'd highly recommend playing the first one.

Me too. I dumped the first after playing a couple of hours. I like realistic looking environments, so I don't like the look.:(

I love the art style. It's like playing a comic book.

Hopefully BL2 goes the D3 when when it comes to loot where "your loot is your own".

IMHO the lack of dedicated loot completely ruined the public games experience. I put a couple hundred hours into the first one, won't buy this one if it's a click fest to get loot in public games.

While I dind't mind the art style, the game just felt slow and reptitive.

That being said, the trailer's got me amped up to play the 2nd.

...the game just felt slow and reptitive.

That being said, the trailer's got me amped up to play the 2nd.

If you didn't really like the first one, I don't think I'd get too "amped up" about the second one. With the success of the original, I don't foresee them straying from the basic formula too much.

I played through and beat the first one. It was good but by the end it felt like a tedious process and lost it's enjoyment. Some boss battles and the cars control were biggest negatives. I'll probably be passing on this one waiting on a steam sale to interest me again.

from my experience..

D3 had a story: acceptable plotline, good implementation & cinematics integrated with game
Borderlands 1: little quests, there was a big alien at the end to kill. Not much of a main storyline

and yet, Borderlands >>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> d3
really, not a fair comparison.

so
Story != good game

and
good game does not need a story!

currently playing through borderlands right now....on my 2nd playthrough and working my way through all the DLC....gotta be ready for BL2! :D

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned was pretty funny....it was great that it doesn't take itself seriously, and it KNOWS it doesn't take itself seriously and actually references itself LOL.....I love the humor and can't wait for BL2.... :D

I tried the original for the first time a couple weeks back when Steam had a free play weekend, and we ended up getting a copy of the game of the year edition for both my son and myself and we've been having a blast with it.

Sure the graphics aren't BF3, but they aren't meant to be, but IMO that does not distract from the game itself, and in fact in someways it is actually a positive for the game.

Yes, it's supposed to be cheesy and over the top. It's RAGE which doesn't take itself seriously, is actually fun, and runs well.
I still snicker when I hear the Tanis tapes when I play Borderlands 1. Good stuff.

Gods yes- listening to Tannis going b47$#h!t crazy over the course of the game was awesome, I didn't know wether to feel sorry for her or shoot her before she decided to 'experiment' with me... :eek:

Hopefully BL2 goes the D3 when when it comes to loot where "your loot is your own".

IMHO the lack of dedicated loot completely ruined the public games experience. I put a couple hundred hours into the first one, won't buy this one if it's a click fest to get loot in public games.

Yeah, I actually really like that mechanic, but I'm not sure if it's in BL2 or not.

Back