Groupon Salespeople Disgruntled, Ready To Jump Ship

HardOCP News

[H] News
I was going to make a joke about there being enough salespeople to try to get a Groupon deal for resume services but this story isn't funny at all. :(

Daily-deals provider Groupon is having a tough time keeping its salespeople happy, according to a new report. Groupon salespeople are increasingly looking for new jobs after becoming disgruntled with the way they're treated by their employer. The Journal sat down with Mike Silagadze, CEO of software firm Top Hat Monocle, who revealed that he has received "hundreds of resumes" from Groupon salespeople.

Years ago, Groupon made it easy for salespeople to generate six-figure incomes, the Journal's sources say, but now, they earn little until they hit monthly profit targets.
Maybe that's why they were(are) going broke? Rewarding sales people for not actually doing anything special?

Salespeople...

Yah... that explains it all right there. Big wages, minimal effort, highly inflated sense of entitlement.

That $6 billion dollars is looking pretty good right now huh GroupOn. Morons!!!

Salespeople...

Yah... that explains it all right there. Big wages, minimal effort, highly inflated sense of entitlement.

That is completely wrong. Competent sales people can be the difference between success and failure for any company. Their effort is most certainly NOT minimal, and their wages are based on commission so if they sell a lot, they have a right to earn a lot. Everybody wins that way.

I'm a developer, but I have come across some great sales people in my day and when you watch a master do it right, it is a thing of beauty.

Which is why this is very bad news for Groupon. Wall street does not like high employee turn-over.

Salespeople...

That's where the income comes from for a company, especially Groupon. If the sales team isn't able to get companies to participate, there's no money for anyone, really.

Back