High Resolution Images That Could Fit On A Human Hair

HardOCP News

[H] News
See this image? It could be printed on a human hair.

The highest possible resolution images — about 100,000 dots per inch — have been achieved, and in full-colour, with a printing method that uses tiny pillars a few tens of nanometres tall. The method, described today in Nature Nanotechnology1, could be used to print tiny watermarks or secret messages for security purposes, and to make high-density data-storage discs.

Yay high density storage disks :). I want a 100TB one please.

That'd be great, but how on Earth do you plan to plug something the size of a human hair into a USB port? Also, I could see myself losing something that small. I already have trouble finding my keys, my netbook, my cat, and my apartment (when it's dark outside).

That'd be great, but how on Earth do you plan to plug something the size of a human hair into a USB port? Also, I could see myself losing something that small. I already have trouble finding my keys, my netbook, my cat, and my apartment (when it's dark outside).

That's funny, I have no problems finding human hair-sized things all over my house. In the bathroom sink, stuck to the couch, on the carpet... :p

Oh I was thinking the drive would be like a 2.5" drive :). Though in that case it will prob be a yotabyte. Either way I want one for my future NAS :).

That's funny, I have no problems finding human hair-sized things all over my house. In the bathroom sink, stuck to the couch, on the carpet... :p

And in the worst place, your food lol.

Well, if you don't wear underpants to catch all that stuff when you're at home, what else would you expect? ;) Come to think of it, I usually don't have trouble finding cat hair everywhere. I know he sheds near my laptop on purpose so that it gets too hot and fails which will clear space in my lap for him. >.<

Back