XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you in the market for a new video card, there is a review of the XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB posted today at Legit Reviews that is definitely worth checking out.

Overclocking the XFX Radeon HD 7870 was enjoyable to say the least. We were able to get an impressive 24% overclock out of our sample card with just a small amount of voltage tweaking. For those of you who don't want to deal with voltage control, we were able to get a 13% overclock on stock volts. In game there was a noticeable difference in performance, which scaled well with our overclocked settings.

That a Horrible reivew.... Only nVidia counterpart is the 470 GTX.. Pretty sure the 7870 is gonna be better.. but is it better than the 670? How much better is the 570 than the 470?

That seems to be a review designed to flatter the product. Notice that while they legitimately compare it against the HD 6950 - the previous generation from the same manufacturer - they fail when comparing it against Nvidia. They should be comparing it against the Geforce 570, not the 470 (and I note that the 570 is significantly cheaper). They should also have included results from the 7950 (1 up).

Plus, of course, the review is ill-timed with the imminent release of the Geforce 660.

I would stay away from XFX im working with there warranty department right now and there going to end up sending me back my buggy artifacting card. There lifetime warranty and cards suck.

Back