Assassin’s Creed III PC Release Date Finally Announced

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Following up on its delay announcement for Assassin’s Creed 3 for PC in June, Ubisoft has announced the PC version will follow the release dates of the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions by less than a month.

Ubisoft still hasn’t explained why it delayed the PC version of Assassin’s Creed III, but that isn’t anything new. Ubisoft often delays these PC games without giving any reason at all, leaving us to guess at the reasoning behind the decision.

Looking for more ways to screw over their customers with that awful "always on internet connection required" DRM?

I would like to know if they think this course of action will encourage or discourage piracy?

I would like to know if they think this course of action will encourage or discourage piracy?

Considering the Xbox versions usually leak before the game hits shelves... It's just a ploy to get people to buy the console version.

Looking for more ways to screw over their customers with that awful "always on internet connection required" DRM?

If people buy games on Steam, they shouldn't really care about the Ubisoft DRM. All Steam is is a nicely dressed up piece of DRM software requiring a constant internet connection to access the software you bought. Their "offline mode" is pretty useless too.

If people buy games on Steam, they shouldn't really care about the Ubisoft DRM. All Steam is is a nicely dressed up piece of DRM software requiring a constant internet connection to access the software you bought. Their "offline mode" is pretty useless too.

Steam doesn't require a constant on connection...

Problem is Ubi's solution does nothing for the end user. Steam on the other hand makes itself useful.

If you don't have a internet connection to log in to your Steam account you can't access your games.

No, I've successfully got onto my game after my internet went down. It's a once only deal.

However, I know that people have had trouble with this and it hasn't always worked that way 100% reliable. Still, I'm all for the DRM free solutions. Go GOG, Amazon, Gamersgate, etc...

Edit.. "once only" means you only have to register once when you first get the game, and never more. (at least when it's working as intended)

If people let surgeons operate on them, they shouldnt mind getting cut up by amateurs amirite?

Obviously Ubisoft delayed the PC version due to implementing more of their atrocious online DRM schemes, nothing surprising really.

Back