$2M Dark Knight Inspired Home Theater

I'de at least build it with a giant screen and not that pansy ass little thing.

If I had the cash, I wouldn't build a Batman themed theater. But, I'd sure as shit be thrilled to be invited over to check it out. :)

i dont see how it can be 2 million to build, it should be much cheaper.

I'm not that big of a fan of Batman to build a Batman-themed man cave, but yeah, you can bet I'll build my own personal theater ;)

I can think of about 1000 things I'd rather spend 2 million on.... but that is pretty cool I guess.

Go to the website and look at that Pirates of the Caribbean one. Yech.

Also I agree with AliceCooper, that screen needs to be twice that size at least for that price.

I need a career change...or to find a hot rich milf that likes an average guy with nothing to offer her.
Going to play the Mega Millions right now. :(

oh, great! Look, they're having a sale on the Cinema Series model C1-M.
Sale Price : $2250.00 Per Chair (Per Seating Position) (Regular Price : $2799.00 Per Chair)

Also not a big fan of the Batman series but that theater is still really nice.

$2 million in outsourced labor. Looks amazing though, would make more space for screen realestate in my opinion but provides very awesome ambiance.

I need a career change...or to find a hot rich milf that likes an average guy with nothing to offer her.
Going to play the Mega Millions right now. :(

No no no, you're looking at it the wrong way. You gotta cultivate that relationship first, THEN they get rich. My wife and I met online on a message board, both of us enjoy many of the same things, got married, and now she's an attorney.

If it wasn't for the economic disaster back in 2008, we'd be rich by now.

So the bookshelf opens up to reveal a batcave with a batmobile in it.
I bet 90% of the 2M dollars went into that!

No no no, you're looking at it the wrong way. You gotta cultivate that relationship first, THEN they get rich. My wife and I met online on a message board, both of us enjoy many of the same things, got married, and now she's an attorney.

If it wasn't for the economic disaster back in 2008, we'd be rich by now.

Are you saying you want me to sleep with your wife?

:D j/k

I would hope those seats are super comfortable for a price like that! Simply awesome though.

Nice. Would love to have a home theater for I die one day. Love the colors too.

ehh. until i see build photos, i'm assuming it's not gonna come out looking anything like that

I have to agree with those above who said that for this large a project I would have expected a larger screen.

As for the room it's pretty awesome, and actually would be just as nice without the batman stuff here and there, although either way I'd still want the tumbler.

Maybe the 2 million price tag includes the bat mobile that's hidden in the secret compartment behind the bookshelves? (hopefully it's not just a big wall poster)

dunno... I look at it, and I just wouldn't have a batmobile in the second room >< I'd have me some pinmame and mame boxes, couple emulator stations... true geek stuff

dunno... I look at it, and I just wouldn't have a batmobile in the second room >< I'd have me some pinmame and mame boxes, couple emulator stations... true geek stuff

If I had the money to spend I sure as heck wouldn't have pinMAME. I'd have real pinball machines. I might have a MAME cabinet, but I'd also have several real arcades as well. Not sure why you'd have emulation stations when you could just buy the real thing.

If I had the money to spend I sure as heck wouldn't have pinMAME. I'd have real pinball machines. I might have a MAME cabinet, but I'd also have several real arcades as well. Not sure why you'd have emulation stations when you could just buy the real thing.

It saves space. As nice as a full pinball arcade would be, setting up half a dozen + machines isn't practical to most.

The pirate one on their website looks pretty amazing as well.
While cool, I would rather have a more generic theme.
Hell, I would just be glad to have a 10K projector on a car table.
Hell, I just want $10. Can someone give me $10~?!?!?!

Impressive. While I wouldn't go all out with Batman it is quite impressive. Can't wait to see the finished product.

oh man thats bad ass

yea i would make one if i had the money

if

:)

It saves space. As nice as a full pinball arcade would be, setting up half a dozen + machines isn't practical to most.

True, since everything else about this setup just SCREAMS 'practical comes first'.

While awesome I can't see how it would cost THAT much. 100k maybe? Guess it depends how much of it was DIY and contracted out. But if you're going to build something impressive like that it's only impressive if it's DIY.

Maybe the money is to cover the medical costs of the inevitable bullet wounds that come as part of the movie? :p

I like my theater.. None of those screens are large enough for me. I only sit about 11 feet from a 120 inch screen. Only thing I want more in my theater is a little better projector and a screen with built in masking system. People that spend that much money on a room just do it for the WOW. I want people to WOW when the picture comes up and the sound blows them away. Most people wow enough when they see an almost 10 foot wide screen :)

While awesome I can't see how it would cost THAT much. 100k maybe? Guess it depends how much of it was DIY and contracted out. But if you're going to build something impressive like that it's only impressive if it's DIY.

Maybe the money is to cover the medical costs of the inevitable bullet wounds that come as part of the movie? :p

Eh, $100k? Theres a fucking BATMOBILE in there.

Back