Apple Rickrolls Developers

HardOCP News

[H] News
And you guys said Apple didn't have a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Apple pointed developers to a link for parameters on how its player should be used on mobile software. But it wasn't that link that got all of the attention. After saying that embedded YouTube URLs won't work, Apple offered up one such link to provide an example. Upon clicking that link, developers were sent to none other than a video of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Fast forward to Apple patenting the Rickroll and then suing those who use it.

After reading the article, sounds like Cnet is being a negative Nancy again. Rick-rolling is still funny and it's not that "too old". Sounds like Cnet needs a sense of humor now.

After reading the article, sounds like Cnet is being a negative Nancy again. Rick-rolling is still funny and it's not that "too old". Sounds like Cnet needs a sense of humor now.

Something from 2007 is wayy too old when it comes to internet years. Hell, it wasn't even funny back then. I'm a bit of a Negative Nancy, though.

Something from 2007 is wayy too old when it comes to internet years. Hell, it wasn't even funny back then. I'm a bit of a Negative Nancy, though.

Well I think it depends on how it's done. If its done the same way all the time, then yeah it gets old, but sometimes you find some new methods of getting Rickrolled and that never gets old, like when someone wrote an essay on something and if you read the first letter to every line you see the song for example. There's been a few other ways I can't recall from the top of my head.

I doubt that's a joke on Apple's part. Once they have you, they will never give you up.

Even when you want them to.

Ever.

The advertisement kills it.

The official one had a 60 second ad before the video. This one was at least embedded.

The ad in the official one is currently a link to Justin Bieber's new album. I decided to spare you guys that horror.

It took quite a bit of time to develop iHumor. It'll need an update though as it's somewhat outdated already...
:D

Back