Intel To Develop New SSD Specs for Ultrabooks

HardOCP News

[H] News
DigiTimes, citing its usual anonymous industry sources, claims that Intel is developing new SSD specs for Ultrabooks. Here's a quote from the article:

Intel is looking to unify specifications for mSATA SSDs targeted at ultrabook applications, and is seeking cooperation with PC vendors and NAND flash companies. Details regarding the new SSD specs for ultrabooks will likely be finalized in September, according to sources at memory makers.

Standardizing the mSATA SSDs and the batteries should help reduce the ridiculous going prices of the current flock of ultrabooks.

Although, Intel making a proper Ultrabook CPU would probably be even better... :p

just use thumb drives should that be easier ?

Sure, because a thumb drive sticking out the side of your laptop at 10-20MB/sec is a great replacement for a internal slot mounted SSD running at > 500MB/sec.

use the usb header on mobo with a cable or have mobo maker include a place to insert thumb drive on mobo

go check usb 3 thumbdrive performance and get back to me :rolleyes:

719L%2B-rEeJL.png
??? He seems to have a point? :D

I guess I should have been clearer! MrGuvernment and nutzo are the ones that have a point :D

Are those limitations of the protocol or limitations of not enough NAND chips in parallel?

I think the discussion is getting derailed.

Back