Three More Facebook Execs Leave The Company

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like more top level executives are leaving Facebook. If you ask me, I'm surprised they waited this long. One thing is for sure, they had better hurry up and sell off any shares they have before the prices go any lower.

Apparently, not that long. Ethan Beard, director of platform partnerships at Facebook, announced on Wednesday via Facebook that he will soon leave the company. Shortly thereafter, platform marketing director Katie Mitic also announced her departure from the company. If that wasn’t enough, a third announcement came on Wednesday, as mobile platform marketing manager Jonathan Matus also announced his impending departure from the social networking giant.

Take the money and run.:D
6a00d8341d417153ef01116836cfab970c-pi

Oh, I misread the title. I thought it said "Three more Facebook execs leave COUNTRY." Wouldn't have surprised me either.

Yeah, it is getting scary. I am no financial expert but even the armchair Wall Streeters saw this coming I think.

They saw it when they announced that the stock price was going to be so high. That's why they promoted it to the public so much.

Yay, soon I won't have to see that fucking "F" symbol on every God Damned product.

They saw it when they announced that the stock price was going to be so high. That's why they promoted it to the public so much.

I read a lot about it and it still went a little over my head. What I got out of it was that the value to earning ratio was completely out of whack. Not unheard of normally but on this proportion it was extreme.

Yeah them CEOs sure are hurting. I'm sure Zuck is crying right now.

I read a lot about it and it still went a little over my head. What I got out of it was that the value to earning ratio was completely out of whack. Not unheard of normally but on this proportion it was extreme.

Yeah, usually it indicates there's going to be some people offloading a lot of stock at as high of a price they can sell it for. It shows that some people want out FAST.

FB stock was $19.91a share for a little while earlier today. From $40 to $19 in less then three months is very good, for anyone shorting it....rofl.

I'm not actually sure how low this stock can go but we'll find out soon enough.:D

Now that FB is public and folks can look at their earnings it becomes more and more clear that while they have millions of users they don't have a reliable and consistent way to monetize that user base.

In other words, FB doesn't have a good way to actually make money but the IPO hype certainly made a lot of people filthy rich so the mission was ultimately accomplished.

Now that FB is public and folks can look at their earnings it becomes more and more clear that while they have millions of users they don't have a reliable and consistent way to monetize that user base.

In other words, FB doesn't have a good way to actually make money but the IPO hype certainly made a lot of people filthy rich so the mission was ultimately accomplished.

Well, the problem is that they rely on advertisement revenue for their income. However, many people are accessing it by phone instead of at a computer, and the phone applications have no ads, therefore, no revenue.

Well, the problem is that they rely on advertisement revenue for their income. However, many people are accessing it by phone instead of at a computer, and the phone applications have no ads, therefore, no revenue.

I'd say the problem is most people ignore ads all together and the bots are the ones actually clicking them (80%). Like above poster mentioned, the ones that invested early made their profit off it. FB is all down hill from here.

That said, it should be illegal to over sell stocks the way they did. They gave inside bankers the real data and hyped (straight lied) to the public to build hype around the IPO. So it's like the rich legally scamming the middle class, it's BS!

Yeah, it is getting scary. I am no financial expert but even the armchair Wall Streeters saw this coming I think.

I know nothing about the stock market, but I knew this was most likely going to happen as soon as they made bank on going public, another flash in the pan community site, even Zynga is having trouble (mind you renaming someone else's game, isn't a smart idea anyway).

FB stock was $19.91a share for a little while earlier today. From $40 to $19 in less then three months is very good, for anyone shorting it....rofl.

I'm not actually sure how low this stock can go but we'll find out soon enough.:D

A dude at SumZero thinks it'll bottom out at $4.

Truthfully, as someone with a BS in finance, the whole thing was kind of exciting to watch. Especially what happened to the stock bouncing between the IPO price and the IPO price + $.01 for the last hour or however long it was. Between the clear support (or manipulation, depending how you look at it) of the underwriters on opening day, the amount of money made by the employees, the NASDAQ problems at opening bell, and the resulting freefall / fallout / lawsuits / mass exec exodus from all of it, I seriously hope they make it into a movie. I'm not talking some big summer blockbuster, but something more along the lines of HBO's "Too Big to Fail."

I have a feeling it was a big enough "oops" that it's going to be studied in the business world for a long time.

A dude at SumZero thinks it'll bottom out at $4.

I can't find the links right now, but I remember reading around IPO time that there were a few major portfolio manager / investor types that said they would not even CONSIDER buying this stock until it was under $7/share.

The most populous U.S. state’s $91.3 billion budget, signed by Governor Jerry Brown in June, counted on $1.9 billion in income-tax revenue when company insiders such as Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg exercise options, assuming a per-share price of $35.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...mp-continues-after-two-senior-executives-exit

no wonder california is bankrupt. They couldn't see FB tanking from a mile away.

let's see how that Amazon sales tax shit works out for us...

Back