Asus RMA Troubles

Kid744

Limp Gawd
I sent a board back for warranty replacement/repair and received the same board back. (still does not post with known good components) Has anyone had any luck with getting these folks to honor their warranties? I remember a thread about the poor service for motherboard warranty and I am hoping someone can offer a better solution than emailing them and waiting for a reply. I really do not feel that I should have to send this board back yet again at my cost. ASUS if you are listening, make this right!!!

Kid

PS: yes I have emailed them, no reply after two days.... Components used to test the returned board work find in a P5Q Pro, so I am certain this board is still bad.

Definitely get in touch with Raja or Mason. They should be able to help you out as you shouldn't be getting the same board back. I just did a RMA with ASUS last week and it went smoothly but I made sure to keep in touch with them. Although, I have yet to be able to test the motherboard as I don't have another CPU to drop in.

You'll find Raja under Raja@ASUS.

I filled out the customer service poll that they sent me and after a few days I got a response. They are going to send a shipping label and have the board re-evaluated. I also received a note from the repair center stating that they always repair boards so it is not unusual to receive the same board back. They claimed they replaced the south bridge, but I am not going to rip off the heatsink to test that statement. I am still upset that a board that will not post was returned to me, but I will give them another shot since I have no other options. I did inspect the cpu socket to be sure that no pins are bent. (this seems to be a problem with situations like mine where a 775 board has been reworked)

Kid

I just did an RMA with Asus in the last 3 months, and they sent me a brand new board to replace the one I sent them. Of course, it was a 5 week turn-around time, so it wasn't exactly fast, but the new board worked perfectly.

ive had 2 amazing experiences with asus and 1 absolute nightmare... they are really hit or miss...

but by far the worst customer service ive ever seen has been lenovo...

Back