Firefox Add-On Downloads Top 3 Billion

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Being the first to offer add-on downloads has bragging rights attached to it enough, but now Firefox can add-on another bragging right for crossing the threshold of three Billion downloads. In mathematical terminology: that’s a bunch of downloads. :D

Though most browsers (including Google's Chrome) now offer hundreds of add-on options, Firefox touts its place as the first online portal to do so. In eight years, Mozilla has collected more than 150,000 user-created add-ons, as well as at least 25,000 global developers.

So does ever new version of firefox that requires a tweak (redownload) of the plug in stack those numbers?

Addons are why I use Firefox. You still can't use NoScript on Chrome even though they promised APIs for it years ago.

Firefox became too bloated and buggy for me. It's a damned shame what has happened to it.

Since all my primary extensions are now on Chrome (Lastpass, XMarks, Adblock, etc...) I have switched to Chrome.

I've actually had to reboot my machine because of FireFox screwups, and that tells me it can't stay within it's own playground. I don't need that.

A shame, really.

Adblocking add-ons for Chrome can never be the same compared to adblocking add-ons for Firefox. Which between Google and Mozilla has an ad business?

When Firefox gets into some problems, there's always something called "FlashPlayerPlugin" running too...

Addons are why I use Firefox. You still can't use NoScript on Chrome even though they promised APIs for it years ago.

same.

Noscript is the bee's knees. I wouldn't run a machine connected to the internet without it.

Adblocking add-ons for Chrome can never be the same compared to adblocking add-ons for Firefox. Which between Google and Mozilla has an ad business?

When Firefox gets into some problems, there's always something called "FlashPlayerPlugin" running too...

You can put that on Adobe for having crap plugins. Note, I've had Chrome crash plenty of times of Adobe too, so Chrome is not totally absolvable either. And again, this is Adobe, so it's really independent of browser choice at this point.

You can put that on Adobe for having crap plugins. Note, I've had Chrome crash plenty of times of Adobe too, so Chrome is not totally absolvable either. And again, this is Adobe, so it's really independent of browser choice at this point.

Yeah, that's what I'm implying. My "Firefox" problems are actually "Adobe Flash" problems, which switching to Chrome won't really be able to fix.

Back