Xbox Live Dashboard Update Rolling Out to Beta Testers

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It seems like Microsoft underestimated the amount of interest the public beta of the Xbox Live dashboard by a wide margin. The public beta signups were opened on Thursday and promptly closed a few hours later after reaching a predetermined number of testers. If you were one of the lucky ones to get your name in, access to the beta has already begun.

Browser-wise, it's running a modified version of Internet Explorer 9, which doesn't appear to have tabbed browsing but lets users toggle between loading the desktop and mobile versions of pages.

Please tell me they are removing that horrible Metro interface and moving back to the better one!

Ha i'm even signed up for this. We'll my old xbox was I think i updated my info to the new slim. I didn't hear a word.

I have not turned my XBOX360 on in who knows how long, I know I am a few updates behind as is, much less a beta update that will most likely be released long before I use the thing again.

I have not turned my XBOX360 on in who knows how long, I know I am a few updates behind as is, much less a beta update that will most likely be released long before I use the thing again.

Same here. Even the power cord is not plugged in...

Please tell me they are removing that horrible Metro interface and moving back to the better one!

I think you have that backwards. The whole Metro / Windows 8 App Store with a 30% or whatever microsoft take is modelled after Xbox.

I think you have that backwards. The whole Metro / Windows 8 App Store with a 30% or whatever microsoft take is modelled after Xbox.

It was modelled after Windows Phone 7, and then they modified it for Metro, and finally changed the Xbox 360 interface to gauge reactions by customers and to try and make it more Kinect friendly.

Back