How to Watch the 2012 Summer Olympics Online

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
As we are probably all aware now, the Olympics are in full swing after a grand opening ceremony shown live via the Internet (telecast by NBC on tape delay). This Olympics will be known as the year of the digital coverage with events being watched on televised broadcasts as well as the Internet, home PC, tablets and smartphones around the globe. Mashable has put together a short guide of how (and with who) to connect to view the events.

As long as you subscribe to cable and are able to get MSNBC and CNBC, you’re set. The bad news, of course, is that if you’ve cut the cord, live coverage (at least legally) is going to be difficult.

Thanks for this link. My gf and I are moving and already packed up the TV so we were trying to get this figured out last night.

The Olympics. A event for the world to rejoice in. A showing of common humanity. Our strengths, our prowess. Behold these wonders. Be apart of this global competition of athletics by watching as it unfolds. SUBSCRIBE NOW!!!

So basically if you want to watch individual events it's "No cable or satellite? FUCK YOU."

Awesome.

The Olympics. A event for the world to rejoice in. A showing of common humanity. Our strengths, our prowess. Behold these wonders. Be apart of this global competition of athletics by watching as it unfolds. SUBSCRIBE NOW!!!

NBC has a lot of specific events available for streaming. There is just so much going on all at the same time that its a bit difficult to find out what is hapenning and when and on what freakin channel.

oh canada...

the 3 primary channel is streamed for free online here. On top of that, even the stuff that isn't on TV is streamed online via the "world feed" though there is no announcers for those (neat watching badminton and table tennis). Oh, on top of that... the stream is PVR like too so you can rewind it on the fly too. It's bloody AMAZING.

oh canada...

the 3 primary channel is streamed for free online here. On top of that, even the stuff that isn't on TV is streamed online via the "world feed" though there is no announcers for those (neat watching badminton and table tennis). Oh, on top of that... the stream is PVR like too so you can rewind it on the fly too. It's bloody AMAZING.

links?

www.ctvolympics.ca

unlike NBC, at least bell/rogers actually does things live and free. I don't have cable or satelite but that's not problem here.

Btw, the article.. i find it interesting they link to CBC.. when ctvolympics is the offical broadcaster's website for the olympics here.

www.ctvolympics.ca

unlike NBC, at least bell/rogers actually does things live and free. I don't have cable or satelite but that's not problem here.

Btw, the article.. i find it interesting they link to CBC.. when ctvolympics is the offical broadcaster's website for the olympics here.

Wish this worked on my touch pad. Guess I'll watch on PC. Thanx

Why does the Olympics let one network monopolize the coverage in this country? What a scam. Screw NBC!

Whats wrong with NBC tape delaying everything, just avoid talking to people, not watching the news, and being online anywhere, then you too can enjoy stuff as it unfolds on your tv via NBC

do you need some kind of proxy to use the .ca one? I hear the BBC coverage of the olympics is boss. It is live they don't even have any commercials. Much better than the delayed commercial filled NBC shit. Nbc edited the opening ceremony and did not show the 7/7 tribute period. Not that it was something I was specifically looking forward to but I would like to have the decision myself of not watching something. I also thought it was dumb that they had to comment about everything of the opening ceremony like we are too dumb to figure it out ourselves. I couldn't just mute the commenters because I would then not hear any of the music and ambience.

Forgive my language; but fuck NBC.

I watched an hour of "the olympics" and saw 15 min of commercials, 30 min of montages/interviews/special features, and only 15 minutes of actual competition.

Not to mention the opening ceremonies which i could go on /rant-mode for an hour about. STFU Matt Lauer.

I watched an hour of "the olympics" and saw 15 min of commercials, 30 min of montages/interviews/special features, and only 15 minutes of actual competition.

Not to mention the opening ceremonies which i could go on /rant-mode for an hour about. STFU Matt Lauer.

This is how they've been showing the Olympics on TV ever since NBC was awarded their exclusive monopoly.

Their streaming is fairly slick. I can finally watch all the events I want to, in full for the first time ever. Good thing I fortuitously got free cable with my cable modem service.

I have no use for cable or satellite considering it's mostly garbage... IMHO.

I would like to watch the Olympics though. Such is the state of business in the USA...:rolleyes:

Why does the Olympics let one network monopolize the coverage in this country? What a scam. Screw NBC!

Because in the spirit of the Olympics, NBC paid the IOC around a billion dollars so they'd have exclusive rights to delay all the "good stuff" until primetime commercial selling time!

Seriously though, gotta watch where you surf the internet, I was a bit miffed the other day I went to NBC's website to try and figure out when particular events was, what did it show on the main page... MICHAEL PHELPS FAILS TO PLACE IN 400M IM.... ok fuck you NBC< fuck you in your ass with a 12 foot tall cactus. You're the assholes tape delaying, you should at the very least make spoilers a little harder to get to in your webpage!!!

Yup, it's been a disjointed, boring pile of poop. Costas is more annoying than Lauer.

I guess I don't get the complaints because I have cable and its been showing evens on 3 or 4 channels all night. Looking at the DVR schedule, they will be showing events all day on regular NBC as well. I've seen all of these events without watching primetime NBC coverage once.

Crap like this is one of the top promoters of piracy. Thus NBC is indirectly causing the piracy of the Olympics

Back