Windows Malware Found In Apple's App Store

HardOCP News

[H] News
How can this be? Malware in the App Store? Surely there must be some mistake!

A Windows malware worm has been found embedded in an application being distributed in Apple's App Store for iOS. The worm is a relatively low-threat malware package that will not affect the iOS or the MacOS platform but may be harmful to those who manage the app in their iTunes accounts on Windows machines.

Well, it only affects Windows so Apple can still claim that they are secure. Next Apple patent, delivering a virus using a mobile device.

It was only a matter of time. Next one will affect iOS you can be sure.

Yep. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. App stores can be more secure than traditional methods, but there's no silver bullet.

Well, it only affects Windows so Apple can still claim that they are secure. Next Apple patent, delivering a virus using a mobile device.

This made me laugh :D.

But this was pretty smart of the virus writers, spread on a device you won't suspect and have it CONTINUOUSLY spread to your PC.

Apple prob stole the app and got bit. Good F apple and those pack of thieves........

Apple suck dez nutz

ha ha very smart!!!

slip in virus structure that they won't immediately recognize and will let pass... Then bam! on all the Windows/iTunes infections.

Guess I am glad I don't have to install any software on my computer to manage my android device.

But iTunes on Windows is already maleware.

This.

For awhile iTunes was banned at work because it had too many security holes. But how can that be true Apple stuff never gets a virus! Hey, that guy is selling a bridge cheap!

This.

For awhile iTunes was banned at work because it had too many security holes. But how can that be true Apple stuff never gets a virus! Hey, that guy is selling a bridge cheap!

That was OS X and iOS, not their software, especially not their software on another OS. ;)
But yeah, iTunes is iCrap, especially on Windows.

Be kind to your Windows box, don't install iTunes. :)

Back