Kayak Closes IPO Day with Shares Up Nearly 30%

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Take that Facebook! Regardless of its checkered past, Kayak bided their time until the timing was right for another IPO attempt. The wait proved profitable, with the stock trading up 30% over opening set price.

The prospectus shows that Kayak has 38.5 million shares outstanding after its IPO, giving the company a market cap today of just about $1.27 billion.

No joke here, and I will probably google it in a minute.. but I am usually pretty up to date on internet & technology news, so who on earth is Kayak??

wow just did a search on their website... pretty nice and slick

working quite well

yet another me-too travel site?

I just looked up some airline tix, and kayak shows the same shit expedia does.

why would I bother with kayak ?

No joke here, and I will probably google it in a minute.. but I am usually pretty up to date on internet & technology news, so who on earth is Kayak??

You haven't seen that commercial where the school bully is now a bum and is banned from kayak for life?

I was just as lost too. I've never heard of them before this thread.

I've been using Kayak for the last year or so...they were pretty under the radar and I had never heard of them until my girlfriend told me.

However I much prefer their travel system compared to any of the other online travel sites. It's easier to use, more flexible on how it presents results, and is a lost faster/slimmer than all the crap on Priceline, Expedia, etc.

I especially like being able to search +/- days and +nearby airports at the same time on 1 search.

yet another me-too travel site?

I just looked up some airline tix, and kayak shows the same shit expedia does.

why would I bother with kayak ?

As far as I know kayak gives you results from a lot of travel sites, not just expedia.

Search in one place type of a thing.

Back