Microsoft Code Contains The Phrase 'Big Boobs'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember that kid in grade school that used to spell B00B5 on his calculator all the time? I guess we all know where he's working now. :D

Some chucklehead working for Microsoft thought it would be funny to slip a thinly camouflaged sexist remark -- "big boobs" -- into software code that connects the Linux kernel to Microsoft's HyperV virtualization product.

So, and the original Little Mirmaid cover hard had a member on it. Who cares?

Wow the author really got his panties in a bunch over the most non-issue I have ever seen. Oh no! 0xB16B00B5 has offended me!

Double points for him pre-dismissing the rebuttals he is sure to get.

I'm still waiting for the American government to declare a war on boobs ever since Janet Jackson ..

'big boobs' is a sexist remark? Sounds like some liberal arts/sociology double major needs to go back to school.

Is it normal that I just walked over to my co-worker and raged to him about this for about 5 minutes? F*cking stupid :mad::rolleyes:.

I am shocked. And appalled. Shocked and appalled.

Or wait, no, it was just gas. Turns out I don't care.

So I guess someone just needs to stick a "big dicks" or something similar in there to even things out and then everyone can STFU about it. :)

So I guess someone just needs to stick a "big dicks" or something similar in there to even things out and then everyone can STFU about it. :)

No that's also sexist against women. It's like saying you want to a rape a woman. So you are pretty much advocating rape.

I didn't even bother finishing the article. The author was being so overwhelmingly butthurt over such a non-issue and lambasting everyone that doesn't tow the line that I just couldn't read any more of that drivel. Just like the MC that got butthurt over a Twitter comment this person needs to grow some skin and stop crying over people making stupid jokes.

More Boobs less QQ. I do not see any activist doing anything about all the sexually frustrated programmers that need to get laid. Come on all you feminists, these guys need girlfriends!!! Do yourself and a programmer favor and date!

I've seen alot of male programmers with Big Boobs.... Nightmares were made of those images...

I don't think the hex is a big deal unless it's a really big hex that takes additional resources to process. :p

I don't think the hex is a big deal unless it's a really big hex that takes additional resources to process. :p

Amen, brother!

I also didn't finish the article, I made it to "enablers for this chucklehead and others like him".
Just an oversensitve metrosexual being butthurt on a slow news day, that or his life-partner made him write that "article".

Boobs are good for men. It's statistically true. Without them, we would be sad beings. So bless MS for putting some boob code for our future overlords.(Skynet)

A little childish maybe, but I think I missed when big boobs became a sexist remark.

Steve probably meant a scientific calculator, where you can insert a B :p

Considering big boobs are occasionally found on men as well, it's a little baffling to me how it could be seen as sexist.

Haha, they could totally turn it around and say that big boobs can also be found on men, so assuming that big boobs automatically means women is sexist.

Still, it's not as bad as having Great-Britain translated as Shitistan (Merdouillistan) in the French version of Access help files...
There was not much to do after the release of NT4 in the Windows division, so I was playing with Index Server and built an index of over a million index files containing all the text resources of Windows in all languages.
While reading the help files for code samples, I found this table management sample which used what I thought was a fictitious country called Merdouillistan, and some other fields. I looked up the English help file, and sure enough, the country there was Great Britain.
I found it funny but my manager didn't, and so I caused a recall of I don't know how many hundreds of thousand dollars even before my first year at Microsoft (French Office and I think Bibliorom).
I think I just avoided a new war between Britain and France...

Back